Author Topic: Metal armor model breaks game  (Read 1209 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Metal armor model breaks game
« on: February 15, 2019, 12:56:00 am »
I exited my Dreadnaught in the attached location. Cannot move and cannot re-enter 'naught. Have to do the whole burrower fight over again :(

I notice the metal armor gets caught on things and has a few minor movement issues infrequently. Must be the larger model. Maybe this has been fixed in the beta, not sure.

Edit: it seems the glitch is not limited to that particular tile. It is happening to me elsewhere in this map tile too, and not just in areas that are confined. Taking off the armor once the glitch has occurred does not help.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2019, 02:18:08 am by Hal900x »

`louse`

Re: Metal armor model breaks game
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2019, 09:36:35 am »
Hmm, strange it all. Dreadnaught must have one square of obstacles. And you will not be able to get out of it in order not to be able to enter it further. Screenshot satisfies the requirements. Try another armor to wear and enter in dreadnaught.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2019, 08:17:25 am »
There are no difference in collision box between the different armors. This issue is probably tied to you getting stuck on the dreadnought itself upon exiting. Do you have a way or reproducing it?

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2019, 07:37:19 am »
There are no difference in collision box between the different armors. This issue is probably tied to you getting stuck on the dreadnought itself upon exiting. Do you have a way or reproducing it?

I can reproduce it regularly on this particular playthrough. It seems to specifically affect the SE half of this particular map tile. Let me see if I can find a savegame to upload.

Edit: No savegame due to the attachment limit, but the way to reproduce is simply move the dreadnaught to any position East of the wall you break through to save the soldiers. Either inside the rescue room itself or small area just N of the rescue room. It does not, however, happen in the entrance to this map. My workaround was to use a jackhammer to break through the rocks for the rescue.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2019, 07:46:27 am by Hal900x »