Author Topic: Impossible to target enemies behind doors in shopping mall  (Read 2185 times)

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Impossible to target enemies behind doors in shopping mall
« on: February 26, 2019, 07:35:44 am »
In the Tchortist initiation question, I am playing a Sledgehammer + Heavy Armor build and I am finding this mission impossible to pass on Hard difficulty. I need to use doors and corners to survive, and in every single attempt, an enemy stands behind a recently-opened door such that his figure is 100% obscured by that door. He cannot be targetted, and believe me I've searched for that one pixel that a seasoned Underrail veteran can usually find...it ain't there. This has happened to me on every single attempt and it is infuriating.

This game desperately needs two new modifier keys: one key to "Hug" the ground during movement (forcing movement only, for example to avoid unintentially looting a corpse during combat), and another to enable targetting of an enemy when obscured by an object.

If anyone has a workaround for me to beat this mission please let me know. I'm new to heavy builds in general.

Hal900x

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Impossible to target enemies behind doors in shopping mall
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2019, 09:49:01 am »
That's what the highlight and reverse highlight buttons (Tab and Z default binds) are for. They highlight all interactive objects like enemies and doors, in opposite order. So if one targets the door, other will target the enemy.

There is no way to avoid targeting containers. That's a real issue if you're trying to move to a tile chock full of corpses in combat.

Yeah. I have played a number of turn based RPGs where a modifier key is present to hug the floor, so to speak. Not an uncommon feature. Anyway, thank you for the tip. I have played thousands of hours of Underrail and never used the Z key.