Author Topic: (Minor Expedition Spoilers) Thief Description for Ray  (Read 2819 times)

Altos

• Scavenger
  • Epeli for "World's Most Helpful Person" 2013-20XX
    • View Profile
(Minor Expedition Spoilers) Thief Description for Ray
« on: July 26, 2019, 12:04:40 am »
Hey zoners,

So like any respectable scavenger, I made sure to rob Ray blind of what I could before joining the Expedition (without getting caught, of course). Then, after getting the Scrap Jet, I also made sure to go back to get a better jet ski, but they're so damn expensive. Upon talking with Ray, I was given an interesting set of dialogue choices where I could give Ray a fake description of the thief that broke into his store (which, of course, is me).

What I'm wondering is: does this description actually do anything beyond populate some flavor text with the Praetorians? Ray says that if they ever "catch" somebody matching the description I gave, that I will then get a significant discount on his jet skis. Given how expensive they are (and how little money you have on DOMINATING), I'm more than willing to frame some poor zoner to get a discount. (I know, I know. I'm evil.)

So, with this in mind, I tried to give the most generic zoner description possible. Does anyone know if this actually matters at all?? Or is it all just for fun.

Either way, the fact that you get to do this at all is awesome! I love how much thought you guys put into this game. It really makes it a joy to experience. :)

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: (Minor Expedition Spoilers) Thief Description for Ray
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2019, 07:20:11 pm »
Yes there is something to this I believe and it is related to the crushed man you find in the vents of the shop. When you first click on the crushed man you will be given a description of him, for me he was skinny to the bone, pale as chalk, and had cracked plaster lips. Ray also asks what the thief was wearing so you have to write down what gear he had on him, for me I belief he had a overcoat and pair of boots. You also have to note his hair color so the best thing to do is take a screenshot of the description of him. I just turned all my details of the crushed man into Ray so I'll wait a while and see if I get the discount he promised.

Jubei

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: (Minor Expedition Spoilers) Thief Description for Ray
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2019, 02:33:14 pm »
Just a update it looks like the correct answers to the thief description is Man, skinny to the bone, chalk-pale skin, average height, wearing a leather overcoat with boots, dark hair, and no defining features.

One of my characters that gave those answers is allowed to haggle for a discount on the top end jets like devastator. However my most recent character I chose rat hide leather as a option and he is getting no option to Haggle at all on those top end jets. Both characters have 102 mercantile skill. My advise is don't steal from the shop at all until Ray shows up. After he shows up you can just ask him to show you the jets and then make a dash for his office and steal everything then.