Author Topic: How do I save game progress between alpha versions?  (Read 7677 times)

spocek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
How do I save game progress between alpha versions?
« on: April 05, 2013, 01:57:59 pm »
I would like to save my progress between alpha updates. 8) I am guessing I just need to copy and paste the save files. Also what is the export character option for? ??? Thx.

« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 02:30:31 pm by spocek »

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: How do I save game progress between alpha versions?
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2013, 10:54:12 pm »
It's not recommended to continue on one save between two versions (due to conflicts in mechanics between the versions), the only way to continue is to export/import your character and start over, but you keep your level, skills, feat, items and equipment. You CAN play 1.7 with a 1.6 save, but you're going to bump into various conflicts very quickly, so it's not recommended.

spocek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2013, 01:15:08 pm »
Thanks. How many hours of game play does the current alpha version offer? 5-10 hours?

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 08, 2013, 07:18:05 pm »
It depends on your playstyle, but I'd say most would complete it in 15-20 hours.

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2013, 11:37:34 am »
Took me around 10-15 hours to conplete 1.7. But I had already completed the previous alpha versions so I knew what to do, so 10-15 hours for someone who already knows everything says a lot about the current length of the game. Most of the time I was spending trying to quicksave/load my way through tough combat situations though.