Author Topic: 1.1.0.11 Professor suddenly talks to unknown npc (dead captain)  (Read 1119 times)

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Talking to professor makes him reveal you some stuff I already kinda knew from ehm, torturing him earlier, but suddenly the captain hijacks the conversation event while being dead! After his done with his speech im kidnapped by the ghost and taken to his ship, where im alone...

How badly fucked is my save! 1st navcom, now spirits! :(

http://tdrive.kapsi.fi/underrail/bug.rar

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: 1.1.0.11 Professor suddenly talks to unknown npc (dead captain)
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 08:15:29 am »
It also seems to loop and when ever I return to him it happens again and again.

Wondering if its safe to continue my exploring or need a fix 1st...

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:52:04 am »
It's a minor dialogue branching bug that will get fixed with the new update. So you're free to go around and continue murdering our beloved NPCs, and you can report to the professor later. Him repeating what he already told you about when you tortured him (you beast!) is something I'll fix after I deal with more important issues, as it's not game-breaking.

So you're good to go. :)

Phyroks

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2019, 12:23:50 pm »
So Im not supposed to get a new log entry to my journal from him or briggs as I already knew about the ACoNR?

Edit: I mean, is the story blocked from me until the fix, or is the ACoNR objective he would have given me anyways? :o
« Last Edit: July 29, 2019, 12:25:39 pm by Phyroks »

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2019, 02:36:01 pm »
He tells you about the Acorn and sends you to a new dungeon in the bugged conversation, but the dungeon you can do on your own without his explicit instructions (you already have a bunch of coordinates in your navcom, hopefully, so feel free to check them out). Just don't talk to the professor until the new update is out. Everything else is a-okay.