Author Topic: Temporal Spam Build (Nerd Commando)  (Read 3045 times)

abu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Temporal Spam Build (Nerd Commando)
« on: August 06, 2019, 06:05:15 am »
Hi guys, i just want to  share  interesting build from nerd commando. 
What do you think about this build.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njS68RyhzDQ

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Temporal Spam Build (Nerd Commando)
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 02:48:56 pm »
To be perfectly honest with you, I think this build would be kinda boring :).

I see the idea of him stacking a lot of Temporal shenanigans resulting in a tremendous single target damage as well as being effectively untouchable, but one problem with that is the RNG connected with the AoE on the damage skill. Put it that way - if you don't trigger the AoE you won't be pleased.

This kinda reminds me of the Ultimate Run in current Deadfire. Doable with a particular kind of a summoner, but then you don't do anything else than summoning 1 and the same stuff all the time. Not fun.  :-\

abu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 06:19:20 am »
Yeah  you are right .  I used to play  when the game released (because my save files corrupted  with release). I almost finished game (was lvl 18).  I got psy,sledgehammer build. It was super fun.   Now again iam looking for new build   fun to play  if possible hybrid as i played before...  But I havent decided yet :(

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2019, 08:38:24 am »
Well, I am currently running a thief who uses temporal & psychokinesis offensively. I just don't see the point of blitz for distortion stacking. Psycho-temporal contraction & acceleration & adrenaline should give you 90 ap for 3 rounds, and with tranquility the distortions cost 15 ap. Blitz would give you only a bonus of 20 ap in the first round on top of that, that's just one distortion more. Use these stat points to get 6 dexterity instead, invest a bit in throwing and get grenadier, because that with Limited Temporal Increment is kind of bonkers.

Though I agree that distortions are more of a single-target killer. But with grenades spam that's not much a problem, especially fi you add traps and caltrops into the mix.

edit: I also don't see the point of not maxxing psychokinesis. There is more synergy between these two schools then just hiding behind a force field, while you wait for distortion ticking. Entropic Recurrence is another "delayed damage over time" temporal ability that scales with skill. But you need a "one hit" spell to do some proper damage, such as telekinetic punch (with force user). Then add the telekinetic proxy, which is on a one turn cooldown, but hey, you have Limited Temporal Increment!  ;)
« Last Edit: August 07, 2019, 08:45:31 am by chimaera »