Author Topic: Things I'd like to see  (Read 4376 times)

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Things I'd like to see
« on: April 18, 2013, 03:42:44 pm »
Things I'd like to see.  Some of these may already be implemented, others might not be possible. only played about 6 hours :)

Maps. 
Animation/blue light during bio scan.
Changing the sprint Feat to a run option instead and then incresing the Sprint Feat to compensate.
Rest/sleep to recuperate health/psi.
Collectible books/journals explaining the background/history of how the human race came to live underground.

Will add more as I think of them.
Sleep: Something to do when bored!

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
  • If fate frowns, we all perish
    • View Profile
Re: Things I'd like to see
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2013, 04:35:48 pm »
I think Styg said in a Facebook update that he added running outside combat. I don't see the reason to change the sprint feat into a running option though because it doesn't actually make you sprint, it just increases your movement points temporarily.

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2013, 06:52:09 pm »
I think Styg said in a Facebook update that he added running outside combat. I don't see the reason to change the sprint feat into a running option though because it doesn't actually make you sprint, it just increases your movement points temporarily.

Ok.
I agree no need to change Sprint Feat if running outside combat is available.  I noticed that you could use the sprint Feat outside of combat which sped up movement and thought that that was one way of implementing running, as I read in some post on here about too much time constraint on animating running and the sprint Feat would solve that problem.  I am going to have to check my version.  Only bought the alpha a couple of days ago and GamersGate could be using an outdated version.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2013, 01:31:59 am »

I never said that. I just increased the base movement speed for player character.

And to answer the rest:
- Local maps probably, it's kinda implemented but has some problems. There will also be one or two global metro maps.
- No resting
- Collectable journals/documents was something I considered in the past, but decided against as it would be too much work; just writing dialogs keeps me pretty busy. Also, I'm not disclosing what happened to the world yet

Oldbolt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2013, 02:02:21 am »
- Collectable journals/documents was something I considered in the past, but decided against as it would be too much work; just writing dialogs keeps me pretty busy. Also, I'm not disclosing what happened to the world yet

I can see where you got the idea for Old Jonas from.  Keeping all the important stuff back  ;D

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2013, 09:35:13 am »
I never said that

You didn't?

"Underrail implements (marathon) running. You can stop complaining about slow movement out of combat. :)"

Oh well, increased movement speed is better than nothing I suppose.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2013, 09:40:43 am by nackidno »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 19, 2013, 04:04:56 pm »
I never said that

You didn't?

"Underrail implements (marathon) running. You can stop complaining about slow movement out of combat. :)"

Oh well, increased movement speed is better than nothing I suppose.

You missed the joke. Check out the image that went along it. :P

Eliasfrost

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2013, 05:12:10 pm »
:(

Deckard

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2013, 08:32:15 pm »
On the collectible journals, you don't have to divulge the whole history of the world.

You can add much flavor and history just by placing snippets of present day backgrounds, and paper or digital logs of various characters who inhabit the underrail society.

And a far as being to much work....Maybe you could, you know,m ask someone for help along those lines?

maheusz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2013, 01:25:28 pm »
Well helping out was already discussed in earlier thread and Styg suggestion was that he'll give it a thought, but only after finishing more of the story/quests. Mainly because we don't really know where to start, right now. We don't really know what happened with the world, so creating backstory would be meaningless right now, right?

So in order to fit into the world we need to wait for the game to spread its wings.