Author Topic: Assorted genius ideas  (Read 7225 times)

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
Assorted genius ideas
« on: September 13, 2019, 02:18:02 pm »
So, let's start from practical thing - I want a key that allow me to ignore interactables so I can press it and just move to a point and not open/close/pick something.

And continue with ideas for uniques - someone said that he used energy pistol crafted with High Efficiency Energy Converter, or he wanted to, but it had not much practical sense as instead it's simpler and more efficilent to carry not two energy pistol, but one pistol and just more batteries.
And since energy pistol crafting is already esteblished - maybe we can get some unique pistol with module system on in it?
I can imagine it as sort of revolver's drum - of triangle shape - which you can rotate manually and switch between Circular Wave Amplifier, High Efficiency Energy Converter and Polarizer. Of course it shouldn't be of highest quality otherwise other pistols will nit be needed.
Or you can balance it differently.

Second idea for unique is Hammer-with-Energy-Edge. Someone said it would be cool to have it. I can imagine it as hammer with 4 energy edge emitters (or 3 - it's unique after all) but energy consumption for one strike is so high that you can only strike once with high additional enery damage, after that hammer's energy core is depleted, like 200 energy capacity is used for one strike.
So you need to spent 20 AP to recharge it or rare plasma cell.

And finish with a minor reactivity ideas - after showdown with Black Crawler gang (and cleaning up mutants) you can tell Pretorian Enforser that there is nothing to worry about anymore.
Two nameless Zone Rats could have in-game names - not as names above their heads, but in form of internal lore - for example, if first of them died, second that survived could comment something like "Sadly Mike is dead" and if second died first could say "Jon died".
So they have no names because they arn't important for your character, but they do have names in game world. I think it would be cool.

Cats shouldn't participate in fight with NPC in places like SGS and Core City, except if they are Lunatic's cats.
it will be more IMMERSIVE!11

That's all for now, get ready for more.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2019, 02:22:08 pm by Fenix »

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Assorted genius ideas
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2019, 08:41:21 am »
So, let's start from practical thing - I want a key that allow me to ignore interactables so I can press it and just move to a point and not open/close/pick something.

Why not right click?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2019, 08:04:13 am »
What do you mean? It's working that way now?
I don't matter how it could be done - I just need it to be done.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2019, 10:24:19 pm »
What do you mean? It's working that way now?
I don't matter how it could be done - I just need it to be done.
Rightclick does nothing, precisely why it should do something, go to location.

Hopefully it makes it in, but I want that stupid cover bug fixed first tbh.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 02:00:09 pm »
Diversify Perception bonuses in a way not all of them will give you boost to a Guns skill.
Becase right now with all of them it almost feels like "Perception on character doesn't needed" because you have food, and tons of consumables.
At least hte Juice doesn't feel like it should gives the boost.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 29, 2019, 02:02:38 pm »
Naga Guardian - what if you kept it intact or almost intact in fight with snakepeople, and after you finished Expefition, you can take it to your beloved home? So it can protect you against some sneaky character who could trespass to your house. Or on the countrary - could be hacked and turned against you.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2019, 02:36:37 pm »
Maybe add some weak analogue of psi-bug gear with like 5% psi-cost reduction for none-crafting psi-character?

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 07, 2019, 07:53:23 pm »
So, I heard today someone told that TM is (a bit) bland and not flavorless.
My next genius idea - make it flavorful!

For example, if it will allow in game - not in combat, just in game, some timey-wimey stuff for fluff and flavour.
I mean, somethign unusual - take a peak in future maybe? Or at least in past.
Somehting like that, that will get us feeling that it's actually temporal stuff, you know time and all that.
It shouldn't be major bonuses or something - maybe just something that allows to find more lore, or give some info on some quests.

Maybe it shouldn't even affect quest's outcome, but instead could give plars insight, some view point fro a different perspective, to reveal something surprising, some SUDDEN TURN or maybe not so sudden. But something that change focus and perspective of completed quest for example.

Thoug it could be used for fights - I mean it could give something for selected fights, maybe for big ones like Beast, maybe for secret fights you need to look for thoroughly.

In general it should allow to do things - to get information mostly? - that you can't do any other way, because it's time stuff.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2019, 08:42:37 am »
So, I heard today someone told that TM is (a bit) bland and not flavorless.
My next genius idea - make it flavorful!

For example, if it will allow in game - not in combat, just in game, some timey-wimey stuff for fluff and flavour.
I mean, somethign unusual - take a peak in future maybe? Or at least in past.
Somehting like that, that will get us feeling that it's actually temporal stuff, you know time and all that.
It shouldn't be major bonuses or something - maybe just something that allows to find more lore, or give some info on some quests.

Maybe it shouldn't even affect quest's outcome, but instead could give plars insight, some view point fro a different perspective, to reveal something surprising, some SUDDEN TURN or maybe not so sudden. But something that change focus and perspective of completed quest for example.

Thoug it could be used for fights - I mean it could give something for selected fights, maybe for big ones like Beast, maybe for secret fights you need to look for thoroughly.

In general it should allow to do things - to get information mostly? - that you can't do any other way, because it's time stuff.
It's settled then, we're getting the tears from Bioshock Infinite next update.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2019, 07:04:57 pm »
Balance suggestion, I made it earlier, in case it got lost.
So, chracter has fixed amount of AP - 50 that is relatively hard to get above that quantity.
We have Adrenalone - which have consequances, after 3 turns it cause Fatigue effect.
We have Blitz that convert MP to AP so character can't move the turn he used Blitz.
And then we have Psycho-temporal Acceleration that basically doubles the effect of Psycho-temporal Contraction with no drawbacks at all.
Why?
It's seems a bit too OP for me.

Also in term of balance it benefit more Tranquility builds.

How about make some penalty for using Psycho-temporal Contraction with  Psycho-temporal Acceleration?

My thought was HP damage, somehtign like "you start to move so fast you damage you body/so it's detrimental for your body".
I guess from the lore point of view it's not like that - it' snot that Flash stuff where simply move very fast.
I guess in Underrail it's probbably "you move like usual but time fly faster for you/slower for other" thing.

Anyway that could be liek 10% HP loss per turn for 3 turns when you use it.
Of course, it could be something different than HP loss, and with different conditions.

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 22, 2020, 11:54:31 pm »
So...
If you work for JKK and didn't do Arena yet, you could mention about bladelings to Vivian/Ola and they will add fight with bladelings to Arena shedule. Or something.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2020, 12:35:02 am »
How do they move monsters anyway?  Some of them are very heavy and its not like Ive seen working vehicles in this game, besides boats. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Fenix

• Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2020, 01:19:47 am »
Well, maybe by boats?
Rathounds and burrowers from Camp Hathor, psi-bugs and bloodsucking frogs too.
We lack crawlers and DS, and bladelings.
And Black Sea fauna.

Also - trains! Yeah, railway transportation.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2020, 02:25:25 am »
No, of course trains and boats, but they're not catching them right next to trains and boats, they're catching them in caves. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 23, 2020, 08:31:31 pm »
The mechanic in Rail Crossing is fond of quads, so presumably there are some working ones around. They could pull a cart with siphoner cages.