Author Topic: Aran and where to find him  (Read 5146 times)

goodboyblue

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Aran and where to find him
« on: September 14, 2019, 12:21:16 am »
Hello,

I am trying to find Aran. I am level 13, and haven't started the expedition yet. The wiki says he is in the Core City slums, but I can't find him. Do I need to do certain quests in the Black Sea for him to appear or am I missing him? I was planning on finding him so I can murder him and get his gear. 

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Aran and where to find him
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 12:56:27 am »
If he's not in the bar all the way east past the player-owned house, then he might not appear until you finish the Expedition. I know he appeared there before the DLC, but he might not show up until after you acquire something now.

goodboyblue

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 01:21:30 am »
Yeah I can't find him. Its the bar with Dave right?

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 03:59:06 am »
Yeah I can't find him. Its the bar with Dave right?

Correct,

if hes not there then he probably only appears after Expedition

Alice Malice

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2019, 07:03:42 pm »
Sorry for the bump, but I was having the same trouble about a week ago and I found that you don't actually have to do all of expedition for him to appear, you only have to do the very first part where the natives assault the island. Kill them, then travel back to core city on your newly acquired jet ski and Aran will be in the bar in the residential district of core city. If the natives are too strong to fight head on, lay traps near the choke points and throw caltrops everywhere, then toss molotovs for area denial, since the AI generally will not path through fire if they're not already standing in it. Your allies should do 90% of the killing for you.

If you want Aran's equipment, use gas grenades to kill him which will not aggro him or anybody else, even if you do it right in front of them. He'll disarm them when they land, but just keep throwing them at his feet and he'll stand in the small cloud it creates and be contaminated to death, then you can loot his body freely for his amazing katana.

EDIT: Second part apparently no longer works with the most recent update, looks like they patched the gas grenade cheese.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2019, 03:04:03 am by Alice Malice »