Author Topic: Would like some help regarding an assassin/thief build.  (Read 2934 times)

AAO

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Would like some help regarding an assassin/thief build.
« on: September 14, 2019, 11:20:55 am »
Hey hey people.

After sinking 15 hours into the game on a full psi build only to realize I didn't like it that very much (casting fancy spells was definitely cool, but not at the expense of literally every other stat), I decided I'd want a stealthy based build Instead. It'd mostly consist of Crossbow, Throwing, Melee, Dodge and Evasion, Lock picking, Pick pocketing, Traps and, last but certainly not least, Stealth. So I found a build online that tickled my fancy and thought of it for a bit.

Here are the stats at Level 9:

Strength: 4
Dexterity: 9
Agility: 8
Constitution: 4
Perception: 8
Will: 4
Intelligence: 5

Offense:
--------------------------------
Guns: 0
Throwing: 38 (54)
Crossbow:55 (73)
Melee: 55 (78)
Defense:
Dodge: 36 (53)
Evasion: 55 (73)
Subterfuge:
Stealth: 55 (99)
Hacking: 0
Lockpicking: 55 (78)
Pickpocketing: 55 (78)
Traps: 36 (63)
Traits:
Nimble
Marksman
Burgular
Paranoid
Expertise
Interloper

All the crafting, psi and social stuff are at 0. Definitely thinking of investing into Crafting and maybe some Temporal Manipulation, though I don't want to stretch myself too thin.

So, what are you thoughts? Is it great, decent, horrible? What direction should I take it in the future? Was there some fuckup in the stats that I could have done better (don't really mind resetting the game, so you can tell me what I could have done better as well). Also, some tips for traits and armor would be nice.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Would like some help regarding an assassin/thief build.
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 11:34:45 am »
It'd mostly consist of Crossbow, Throwing, Melee, Dodge and Evasion

So, what are you thoughts?
So you're going to need Perception, Dexterity, and Agility in order to do well, and you've got three stats at 4 instead of 3 which would have freed up 3 more points for your more important stats? I mean, that isn't good.  If you really want to do both melee and ranged, maybe you should consider the Versatility feat - you could go deep in Dex, drop Perception to 3, and have a very high effective melee score with very low AP cost for your melee (I'm assuming since you're low strength that you're going knives/gloves) and still have enough Crossbow skill to hit stuff.  Or vice versa if you see crossbow as your main attack - dump Dex, take a high Perception, and use a weapon that doesn't scale AP costs from Dex, like a machete or spear.

Still, if you're playing on Normal, you'll be fine with what you've got.  You might want to try to find two more points of Int.  As a Nimble stealthy Dodge/Evasion character, you're gonna want to be wearing leather armor, which means you're gonna want to be wearing Infused Leather armor, and you may like the +20% bump to effective quality from Skinner when you're making your endgame suits.