Author Topic: Another crafting question  (Read 2342 times)

Alenvire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Another crafting question
« on: September 14, 2019, 03:44:12 pm »
I tried doing the search button for this question but either I have not gone back far enough or I missed something everyone else already knew.

Crafting effective level and actually skill points. Which matters? I assume effective level but if I assume that, I am worried that when I get to end game and want to craft a max grenade with chemistry I will find that crafting requires actual skill points and effective level only effects other things like guns max damage or whatever. Any clarification or directing me to the answer (I read a lot on the wiki but never found that exact info.)

Also, What is crafting levels that people recommend for fun stuff? I know that I am aiming for max frag grenades and making my own ammo so a chemistry of 112 (effective?) is all I need for what I want. For guns I need a effective 128 because I read that you can find up to quality level 160 and required numbers are .8 of the quality required of the skill.

But what about biology and electronics. I know I need 30 electronics for guns if I was not a SMG build. SMG builds can only use the smart module but from what I read they nerfed burst and it does not gain bonus damage as a special attack anymore from things that buff special attack damage.

And tailoring... Meh, I don't think I have the points to max everything.

Kiruha

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Another crafting question
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2019, 05:11:41 pm »
For creating items you need Effective skill levels. Also keep in mind that later you will get your home and will be able to get workbenches, they will increase you crafting skills. Also you can use drug to get +2 intelligence and eat underpie to get another +3 all skills

If you want to craft a top notch shield emitter, you will need about 160 effective electronics skill level.  This will be a dual module shield emmiter, if you are ok with the single one it will be lower.

For tailoring, if you want to craft a kickass infused leather armor, you should aim to 124-128 effective tailoring skill. It can be a little lower or higher, because of different optional parts.

Also 160 level components are super rare, and I personaly think that 150+ quality components  are enought to create really stong gear
« Last Edit: September 14, 2019, 05:13:55 pm by Kiruha »

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2019, 08:15:34 pm »
Look for crafting benches(wiki). Also there is one guaranteed portion of Hypercerbrix in Expedition which gives 2 Int and therefore increases crafting. If you're lucky you can also find the bp for it, but don't count on it. You can use that pill to pretty much craft your end-game gear. I'd say you need 150 Mechanics, 160 Electronics, as much as you want in Chemistry for 'nades, as much as you want in Biology for chems/poisons, and maybe 130 Tailoring. All Effective values. 15 % from crafting benches. Do keep an eye on Tailoring because it will vary depending on what armour you want to make.

If you do find a Hypercerbrix BP, then you can be more relaxed with allocating points to crafting.

Alenvire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 14, 2019, 09:32:10 pm »
Look for crafting benches(wiki). Also there is one guaranteed portion of Hypercerbrix in Expedition which gives 2 Int and therefore increases crafting. If you're lucky you can also find the bp for it, but don't count on it. You can use that pill to pretty much craft your end-game gear. I'd say you need 150 Mechanics, 160 Electronics, as much as you want in Chemistry for 'nades, as much as you want in Biology for chems/poisons, and maybe 130 Tailoring. All Effective values. 15 % from crafting benches. Do keep an eye on Tailoring because it will vary depending on what armour you want to make.

If you do find a Hypercerbrix BP, then you can be more relaxed with allocating points to crafting.

I checked out the wiki again for workbenches. I realize I need a few more points in mercantile to unlock all of them. Do the workbenches give a higher effective skill of 15% flat, or modify my points by 15%?

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2019, 09:36:17 pm »
They increase your effective score by 15 %.

Alenvire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 14, 2019, 10:09:51 pm »
They increase your effective score by 15 %.

Ok, thank you. Is there any crafting feats you recommend? Such as the bonus energy one or the sloping for armor? or the one that reduces armor penalty by 10 and increases evasion by some amount if at 0? I'm not sure what end game armor looks like or what would help the most. Other then I doubt I will have the strength for metal armor.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 10:29:26 pm »
I think you should avoid crafting feats until you have taken everything else you think you'd need for your build. Once you have a better grasp on the game you'd be able to better decide what will suit you best.