Author Topic: Possible wandering swordsman build?  (Read 3002 times)

Agumaru

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Possible wandering swordsman build?
« on: September 15, 2019, 01:08:29 pm »
So ugh im new and just asking is there a build for like a samurai pistol wilder or something like a Jedi aka in this world a swordsman's psy user? I saw a few builds around but none of them really interested me or sounded like something I would like to play a game that's really difficult (but fun) with

Triste

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Possible wandering swordsman build?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2019, 02:14:13 pm »
There's only one Katana in the game and you probably won't get it until you reach late/end-game so the closest thing to a 'Swordsman' you'll ever be is a crazy machete wielding slav or a native wielding a saw that is used as a sword.

Memes aside, my thoughts; you could probably make that work with Machete with Versatility and have a pistol or whatever as backup for the long range stuff, but said pistol won't be very good or efficient. As far as Psionics go you could probably use Metathermics which could be alright to close the gap into melee range with stuff that applies the "Chilled" debuff. Psychokinesis should be alright too for the utility Electrokinesis brings against bots, the forcefields to force mobs to take another route to you, the stun from telekinetic punch, etcetera. Temporal Manipulation is the meta for just about anything you can possibly make due to the debuffing and buffing it brings so you should probably grab that.

Machete is high risk high reward and if Flurry rng isn't behaving you might have a bad time. I'd say that Melee is best against Melee and Ranged is best against Ranged but with a machete you'll have to grab Parry and Riposte, probably, I'm not actually sure how effective those two are. The game is hard, even on Normal so you'll need to Min-Max as much as possible something that perhaps won't give much room to what you're looking for. Also, no matter what you do, eventually you'll probably hit a brick wall, many hit said wall against the bots in GMS and on Depot A, the first of many, but I'd say those are learning experiences and will make you learn how to kite, use doors and re-do your build completely.

Agumaru

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Possible wandering swordsman build?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2019, 02:30:24 pm »
Alright much appreciate the help for what skill's I should get but I don't really know what structure my stats should go in can u give me a recommendation?