Author Topic: Stop AI Teammates turning on you if you use AOE  (Read 2687 times)

Nawj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Stop AI Teammates turning on you if you use AOE
« on: September 25, 2019, 06:57:32 pm »
It's so frustrating to finish a difficult fight and then have your teammates immediately turn around and start trying to kill me because I use an acid chemical pistol, or a molotov or something. It made winning Gorsky's base back total hell and now I'm running into the same issue assaulting the SRO. The thing is, I didn't have this problem when I was defending the warehouse in Core City, I had AI teammates walk over my acid pools and such and they were fine, but now if Kokoschka takes 3 damage from an acid puddle I have to either reload or kill a character I like a lot.

If this is an issue that's hard coded into the game or something I understand, but if this is something that can be fixed it really needs to be fixed.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Stop AI Teammates turning on you if you use AOE
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 07:04:04 am »
Would be nice if it was fixed, I had the idea of having a threshold for how much damage your allies will tolerate, and having it scale with Persuasion. I think that's how it works in some other games too.

tyrtix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 09:54:09 am »
just make it so they turn against you if you kill one.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 02:50:01 pm »
That can be easily abused .... player would just drop all to low health and then kill them all at once ...

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2019, 09:24:03 am »
Hey,

That can be easily abused .... player would just drop all to low health and then kill them all at once ...

Still, the current situation is unfair, how would you be able to trow a grenade at the early arena fights without hitting your melee friend?

If it should be kept like that, then the AI should be able to "piss off" other AIs by hitting them with bursts or AOEs...

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:05 am »
Just want to point out that AI that throws grenades doesn't throw if you're too close to their friends.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2019, 10:28:52 am »
Well they hit their friends often enough. xD
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2019, 01:13:30 pm »
Well they hit their friends often enough. xD
Exactly, they can not only damage, but even kill their friends, and yet somehow nobody will turn against them for this act of treason.

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2019, 09:12:05 pm »
Also in favour. Especially when it's something like the fight for the expedition base on dominating and you've cleared pretty much every enemy and then miss with a 90% chance cryokinesis and one shard happens to hit your Naga Protector.

Also pretty sure some AI just don't care if they hit an ally with an AOE. That same Naga Protector, for example, straight up one-shot me because I was a diagonal square away from a cultist. They could have fired at any of the other 5 that had just spawned but instead just obliterated me without thought. (They didn't miss because it landed right on the guy they were aiming at, so I was predictably in it's blast radius). Also heard that if a tchortist hits you with an incendiary bolt during the faceless fight then it can turn them hostile too, and that's them hitting you... No verification on that one though.

It does make it very difficult to use some skills though. Especially as a psi user. Every fireball or iceball is rolling the 10 sided dice. Electrokinesis is almost definitely out. Electrostatic imprint is a little more reliable but still risky. An ally might make it impossible to move your kinetic proxy into position. Pyrokinetic stream is a risk if there's anyone one or two tiles away from the stream. Thermodynamic destabilisation is pretty much a nightmare if you've got any melee allies.

Not actually sure about exothermic aura since it's green in the abilities menu. Typically red abilities will make allies hostile and green don't bother allies. Not sure if that's because it's technically a buff and whether the actual flames would cause hostility or if the whole ability is considered fine.

Also it's pretty annoying that aggroing any member of a faction will turn the rest of that faction hostile immediately. Really diminishes the usefulness of stealth and silent weapons. It's not even all that consistent. Like in the red army base, you're supposed to kill an officer and steal their uniform. Except the rest of the game you've been taught that if you kill someone of a faction they'll immediately turn hostile. If you do it with anyone else in the grey army base then again, they all turn hostile.
It's a stupid arbitrary rule that takes away from the game. If you want someone to be essential then have an unbreakable security camera pointed at them or something.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 03, 2019, 06:03:54 am »
Also in favour. Especially when it's something like the fight for the expedition base on dominating and you've cleared pretty much every enemy and then miss with a 90% chance cryokinesis and one shard happens to hit your Naga Protector.

Also pretty sure some AI just don't care if they hit an ally with an AOE. That same Naga Protector, for example, straight up one-shot me because I was a diagonal square away from a cultist. They could have fired at any of the other 5 that had just spawned but instead just obliterated me without thought. (They didn't miss because it landed right on the guy they were aiming at, so I was predictably in it's blast radius). Also heard that if a tchortist hits you with an incendiary bolt during the faceless fight then it can turn them hostile too, and that's them hitting you... No verification on that one though.

It does make it very difficult to use some skills though. Especially as a psi user. Every fireball or iceball is rolling the 10 sided dice. Electrokinesis is almost definitely out. Electrostatic imprint is a little more reliable but still risky. An ally might make it impossible to move your kinetic proxy into position. Pyrokinetic stream is a risk if there's anyone one or two tiles away from the stream. Thermodynamic destabilisation is pretty much a nightmare if you've got any melee allies.

Not actually sure about exothermic aura since it's green in the abilities menu. Typically red abilities will make allies hostile and green don't bother allies. Not sure if that's because it's technically a buff and whether the actual flames would cause hostility or if the whole ability is considered fine.

Also it's pretty annoying that aggroing any member of a faction will turn the rest of that faction hostile immediately. Really diminishes the usefulness of stealth and silent weapons. It's not even all that consistent. Like in the red army base, you're supposed to kill an officer and steal their uniform. Except the rest of the game you've been taught that if you kill someone of a faction they'll immediately turn hostile. If you do it with anyone else in the grey army base then again, they all turn hostile.
It's a stupid arbitrary rule that takes away from the game. If you want someone to be essential then have an unbreakable security camera pointed at them or something.

It's called grey army. And there is a uniform of a soldier hanging around in a open locker. In the eastern sleeping quarters. So you don't have to kill someone.

-Azura
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 03, 2019, 01:38:59 pm »

It's called grey army. And there is a uniform of a soldier hanging around in a open locker. In the eastern sleeping quarters. So you don't have to kill someone.

-Azura

Not sure why I said 'red' instead of grey. Was probably thinking more about the communist dictatorish vibes and said red because that's generally the colour associated with communism.

Yeah, the first uniform you can get in a locker but that only gets you so far. You can't go into the officer areas as a grunt. You have to follow an officer when they go to the toilet, kill them and take their uniform. It's the only time in the game, that I know of, where you can kill someone in a controlled area and not aggro a whole faction.

Valor

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 04, 2019, 12:09:26 am »
Not true .. you can get officier uniform without a kill. You just have to be a bit creative.