Author Topic: (minor Expedition spoilers)  (Read 3310 times)

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
(minor Expedition spoilers)
« on: October 03, 2019, 05:22:27 pm »
Ghosts in the boneyard. Can you kill them? If so, how? If not, how do you get around them?

Magnar. Can you kill him a second time? If so, how?

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: (minor Expedition spoilers)
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2019, 11:04:15 pm »
You need Second Sight (effect from drinking Dude's Juice) to see the true form of void creatures

To kill Magnar's void form you need the Ethereal Torch, a Godman weapon obtained from the Shard. You need 9 INT to get either Yngwar or the Ferryman to tell you where to get it. There are many ways to go about this quest, but you need to figure out the proper Rune to check, as well as where the Shard was thrown.

As far as I know you cannot kill the Restless Spirits. Just don't fuck with the graves and move quickly when hunting for the Shard

Side note: void creatures will hit you with Energy damage, whereas Restless Spirits strike with Electricity damage, similar to Bilocation shades... meaning the ghosts are closer to psionic projections than fully-infused void creatures (like Magnar)
« Last Edit: October 03, 2019, 11:06:51 pm by brobotics »

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 12:10:38 am »
You need Second Sight (effect from drinking Dude's Juice) to see the true form of void creatures

To kill Magnar's void form you need the Ethereal Torch, a Godman weapon obtained from the Shard. You need 9 INT to get either Yngwar or the Ferryman to tell you where to get it. There are many ways to go about this quest, but you need to figure out the proper Rune to check, as well as where the Shard was thrown.

As far as I know you cannot kill the Restless Spirits. Just don't fuck with the graves and move quickly when hunting for the Shard

Side note: void creatures will hit you with Energy damage, whereas Restless Spirits strike with Electricity damage, similar to Bilocation shades... meaning the ghosts are closer to psionic projections than fully-infused void creatures (like Magnar)

Ah, I see, you get the eternal torch after the dark place... I did talk to Yngwar but he honestly didn't tell me anything about where to find the bone crank or which grave to hoist up. I've heard other people say they were given a map or something but again, nothing. I exhausted his dialogue and then he wandered off to see the monolith.

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2019, 05:34:07 pm »
While under the effect of Juice, my character was able to kill Magnar's void with an ordinary weapon, the torch was not required.

Btw, you don't need Yngwar to get all the required information to find the shard:
https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=4249.0
« Last Edit: October 04, 2019, 05:39:45 pm by chimaera »

Duskmare

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 04:18:06 am »
While under the effect of Juice, my character was able to kill Magnar's void with an ordinary weapon, the torch was not required.

Btw, you don't need Yngwar to get all the required information to find the shard:

Thanks! That's pretty helpful that thread. I remember seeing that hammer with the rune above it so I'll go back and make a drawing of it or something. I picked up on the ferryman saying he hit the guy in the back of his right shoulder, so no worries on that part either. I just have no idea how I'm supposed to get the bone crank without searching every grave and having the spirits come after me. Is there a way to know where it is, or do you actually just have to search for it?

chimaera

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2019, 09:21:16 am »
The crank was just propped up on the ground next to one of the graves in my game. I don't remember if it can be highlighted by tab, though.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 06, 2019, 12:42:02 am »

Thanks! That's pretty helpful that thread. I remember seeing that hammer with the rune above it so I'll go back and make a drawing of it or something. I picked up on the ferryman saying he hit the guy in the back of his right shoulder, so no worries on that part either. I just have no idea how I'm supposed to get the bone crank without searching every grave and having the spirits come after me. Is there a way to know where it is, or do you actually just have to search for it?

if i remember correctly, the crank doesnt show up using Tab unless it spawns on the ground (and not already attached to a hoist) so you may need to go around right-clicking hoist mechanisms if you cant find it on Tab. don't touch the graves until you've got the crank, though. pretty sure that riles up the ghosts

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #7 on: October 06, 2019, 08:16:10 pm »

if i remember correctly, the crank doesnt show up using Tab unless it spawns on the ground (and not already attached to a hoist) so you may need to go around right-clicking hoist mechanisms if you cant find it on Tab. don't touch the graves until you've got the crank, though. pretty sure that riles up the ghosts

They just spawn by only entering the graveyard. I got there to get the shard and touched no grace buuut they still spawned.

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 06, 2019, 08:47:49 pm »

Man, this thing seems really annoying to find, no wonder I didn't find it with any of my characters.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 07, 2019, 12:41:40 am »
Well the best way to get the bone crank is:
1) Wear AGI and +movement speed gear
2) Eat Marsh Honey at all times
3) Keep pressing Tab/Z to see if the crank is resting on a wall/on the ground
4) Click on every Hoist when you walk pass it. If the bone crank is inserted already it'll pull up the corpse. So you'll just have to right-click to take it out
5) Of course when you find it on one char you can always using the duping method and deliver it to any future char if you don't mind a bit of cheating ...

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #10 on: October 07, 2019, 05:20:54 am »
Well the best way to get the bone crank is:
1) Wear AGI and +movement speed gear
2) Eat Marsh Honey at all times
3) Keep pressing Tab/Z to see if the crank is resting on a wall/on the ground
4) Click on every Hoist when you walk pass it. If the bone crank is inserted already it'll pull up the corpse. So you'll just have to right-click to take it out
5) Of course when you find it on one char you can always using the duping method and deliver it to any future char if you don't mind a bit of cheating ...

I more recommend to wear the tesla armor, because then you are immune against their punches.

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900