Author Topic: Quick Tinkering nerf is poor and excessive  (Read 1909 times)

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Quick Tinkering nerf is poor and excessive
« on: October 22, 2019, 03:41:40 am »
I played both experimental (1.1.0.14) and current stantard version (1.1.0.12) and I noticed this god darn change (of course with unexpected deaths).
"Quick Tinkering
When activated will allow you to arm next trap instantly, even in combat in which case it will cost 25 action points.
Cooldown: 5 turns"
WHAT THE HECK?
Paying 25 Action Point for a mere trap per 5 turn? It's a catastrophe, especially when
(i) Every (negative) character tweak in this game is retroactive
(ii) There is no way to reduce AP cost for QT, at least I haven't seen any
(iii) It's almost the only "regualer power" in comparison to average Psion power, do I need to remind you of the folking Premeditation? 5 turn cooldown with no other cost.
You are killing the variety and making unnerfed Psi the only thing irreplaceable--so why don't you remove all noobie skill/feat/weapon factor and make it "Psionicrail"? Underrail is not D&D 3.5 (Spellcasters and other Noobies 3.5), so please don't be the WOTC.
Plus I ain't even see a Development Log or Hotfix Readme stated that you guys have added such a huge cost for QT on current standard version. This is the actually reason that makes me folking angry. So-hardcore-that-destroy-the-fun-devs, are you suffering some serious head damage?
I'll give a negative comment for Underrail on Steam and got some pirate copy (like 1.0.3.20) to play (no, I'm not going to send the Corp more money on GOG), until you guys make a proper explanation. I'm not cling to former type of QT, I only need an explanation.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:51:43 am by paulkirikawa »
Nihil sub, sole novum

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Quick Tinkering nerf is poor and excessive
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2019, 04:33:56 am »
Plus I ain't even see a Development Log or Hotfix Readme stated that you guys have added such a huge cost for QT on current standard version
You mean like the Patch Note update on Steam for 1.1.0.12, from August 14, that described the change and the Specialization option?  The Spec option which specifically does what you say can't be done?

You need to pay more attention before you throw a fit.

paulkirikawa

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2019, 05:49:16 am »
Plus I ain't even see a Development Log or Hotfix Readme stated that you guys have added such a huge cost for QT on current standard version
You mean like the Patch Note update on Steam for 1.1.0.12, from August 14, that described the change and the Specialization option?  The Spec option which specifically does what you say can't be done?

You need to pay more attention before you throw a fit.

You are right
Nihil sub, sole novum

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2019, 07:00:08 am »
The QT nerf is over the top because instead of Level 4 you need to be Level 23 to use an ability the way you used to before the nerf, adding 5 spec points to reduce the AP cost and 2 spec points to reduce the cooldown.

I imagine some people will eventually want a "legacy balance" version where the game plays like it used to for many years from 2014 to mid-2017, with fun and over the top stuff in it like un-nerfed QT.