Author Topic: Great Siphoner Pools Trap  (Read 1003 times)

YawaUR

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Great Siphoner Pools Trap
« on: October 25, 2019, 03:15:43 am »
I'm pretty sure it's a trap, anyway, perhaps me and my girlfriend just didn't see an escape.

So we were exploring the Great Siphoner Pools and noticed an agility jump of 7. We came back later with a supersoldier drug we got off one of the fellas at the Aegis camp, which boosted our agility from 5 -> 7. We jumped over, looted the rare ingredient plus a green wort and checked out the crevice at the back which gave us a chuckle. By this point, the drug had worn off. So we were back to 5 agility and could not jump back. As I said, we couldn't see an escape, nothing along the waterline besides the agility obstacle (and there's little point of the obstacle in this place if they were going to just let you walk past anyway), there didn't seem to be anything along the rockface. Just as well we loaded an auto-save.

Version 1.1.0.12
« Last Edit: October 25, 2019, 03:18:31 am by YawaUR »

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Great Siphoner Pools Trap
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2019, 04:52:15 am »
Not really a bug or a trap.  If you have to buff up to get access to a place, you should probably expect to need that buff to get out as well.  There should be (and certainly used to be) a similar agility check very early on that can trap a player who manages to buff up and lose the buff.  Basically, that was just poor planning on your part; happily, it's a tiny area and as you saw trivially easy to load a save to escape from.  There really are hardly any "gotcha" moments in UnderRail at all, but it also isn't designed to protect the player from every possible bad decision they could make.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Great Siphoner Pools Trap
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2019, 07:36:45 am »
Just do what the experts do in this type of situation, activate combat manually so you have enough time to assess, loot and jump back.