Author Topic: Indirect Kills - Exp  (Read 2200 times)

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Indirect Kills - Exp
« on: May 16, 2013, 04:39:17 am »
I mentioned it in a different thread, that in the demo explosive barrels didn't grant exp.

That got fixed and now I'm wondering if we can do the same for a hacked auto-turret (for example). I just successfully hacked a turret and it gunned down several enemies, but I didn't get any experience from this.

I understand why it might not get me experience, but at the same time if we DON'T get experience from it then the game is telling us that it's a bad way to do things, despite the fact that it's actually a very smart way to deal with them.

I think we should get experience from kills from the auto-turret in question. (Though it should still be hostile if left on)

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Indirect Kills - Exp
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2013, 06:31:42 am »
This is agreeable, and is something I was wondering as well.
Then again, we should not get experience if we shut it off again (An originally shut down turret) and kill it with a hammer.
I can't imagine beating a chunk of metal resembling a turret into a chunk of metal vaguely not resembling a turret is not a particularly enlightening experience, unless you're a blacksmith or sculptor.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Indirect Kills - Exp
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2013, 09:00:14 am »
Agreed, unless we are allowed to beat inanimate objects and get experience by doing so taking out an inactive turret shouldn't give experience.

Just an additional thing, on top of the main point here.