Author Topic: (EXPEDITION SPOILERS) How to enter Joint Security Headquarters?  (Read 4027 times)

AAO

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
(EXPEDITION SPOILERS) How to enter Joint Security Headquarters?
« on: November 05, 2019, 01:22:31 pm »
So I went to the Health Center, got the implant in my hand and now everything is fine and dandy. So I go to the Joint Security Headquarters and I keep getting constantly swarmed by the seahorse Plasma Turrets that one/two shot me.

Am I supposed to abuse line of sight and brute force my way in? Did I forget to do something in the Health Center? I've been trying for literal hours and still can't go in.

Any help would be appreciated.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: (EXPEDITION SPOILERS) How to enter Joint Security Headquarters?
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2019, 04:54:10 pm »
You need an item from the Nexus to upgrade the security clearance of your implant. How you deal with the plasma sentries out front is up to you.

AAO

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2019, 11:35:35 am »
Yup, still no clue how to enter. Got the implant at C-4 level and keep trying to go to that Electronic Lock at the entrance but get gunned down by the turrets.

Benight

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2019, 11:38:20 pm »
Since turrets can't walk you should be able to wear them down without taking any damage.
You'll be completely safe if you always end your turn out of their line of sight.

Just shoot at them, hide behind cover. End turn.
Pop out of cover. Shoot at them. Hide behind cover. End turn.
Repeat.

If your character has no ranged skills of any kind (Guns/Crossbows/PSI), then perhaps try chucking HE, plasma or EMP grenades instead.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2019, 02:17:59 pm »
If you have the strength, TiChrome armor might helps, since they have high heat/energy DR
EMP helps a little. Move on the east-most edge so you don't get bombarded by the west turret, or simply ride jet ski and disembark after you ran out of its movement points. Even junk jet should have enough movement speed to get you relatively close