Author Topic: Repeating Directions  (Read 2213 times)

Zombra

• Noob
    • View Profile
Repeating Directions
« on: May 17, 2013, 04:25:03 pm »
Loving the alpha!

So far, my biggest frustration are mission givers who don't repeat directions, and mission notes that don't include them.

Go out through the north gate, turn right, go straight, turn left, and look for the barn on the right.  Go northeast when you see it.

OK, and what do I do when I get there?

Just get a DNA sample from one mutie and bring it back.

Right - I'll do that.  Could you run those directions by me again?

Just get a DNA sample from one mutie and bring it back.

Shit.  Maybe it's in my notes.

Collect mutie DNA.

Great.  *loads save, gets pencil & paper ready*
« Last Edit: May 17, 2013, 04:28:03 pm by Zombra »

blackmoor

• Zoner
  • The brightest light casts the darkest shadow
    • View Profile
Re: Repeating Directions
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2013, 08:01:13 am »
Hello and welcome, Zombra!

I had the same problem with directions at first, especially the caves and the rails, the two areas you initially explore. The Dev mentioned there isn't a Fallout-style world-map, but I would suggest an item called "Map" that shows the layout of the starting area. And I completely agree about the directions given by NPCs, I've always just muddled through. Maybe there should be an NPC called "Tour Guide" that will answer any and all questions about the starting area... that might be the easiest fix for the Dev.

bushwhacker2k

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Repeating Directions
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2013, 12:30:16 am »
Maybe there should be an NPC called "Tour Guide" that will answer any and all questions about the starting area... that might be the easiest fix for the Dev.

It'd be an easy fix but it'd also be weird except for explaining certain basic processes of the game. I think just having the ability to re-ask an NPC what they requested of you earlier (in looking for specific details) would probably be a good way to deal with it, if not then an ability to recall conversations in your journal. If not even that then just have all specific details said added to your journal, I guess.