Author Topic: Moving to core city sucks (mover bots and stash boxes)  (Read 3043 times)

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Moving to core city sucks (mover bots and stash boxes)
« on: November 20, 2019, 06:14:15 pm »
So just started a new charicter a week ago and once again begins the arduous task of moving all of my stuff to my house in core city.

There is also that robot at the battery recycling plant (his sacrafice will be remembered)

What if we could have a dedicated stash locker (it would just say stash or something instead of locker) and the bot could move items between lockers (with the time it takes for a shop refresh of course) for a set amount of weight and at the cost of one of those giant batteries

Another option would be to have core city housing do it for a cost.

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Moving to core city sucks (mover bots and stash boxes)
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 06:15:31 pm »
Also maybe make it possible to add a special self concious module to the bot

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 08:12:15 pm »
If it's a new character you've made after playing the game at least once, then you should know better already.

Early-game stuff gets stored in your room at SGS.  You'll be back to SGS from time to time, so you'll gradually sell this inventory down.  It's also the inventory you'll use when trading with Blaine (and he's how you'll convert your otherwise useless-by-mid-game SGS credits into Charons).

Junkyard inventory goes in the trash bin next to the weapons vendor shop, for easy access.

World loot from the Underpassages gets carried back to Core City (because of the elevator) and stored in the barrel by the elevator on the Oligarch level.  The other barrel holds stuff you'll be migrating to your house when you unlock it.  Arena loot (and for me at least, other loot pulled from the encounters around Core City) goes in the three barrels by the weapons vendor shop right outside the Arena entrance.

Other loot stays in the nearest cities.  Your call as to whether it's better to move the Ironheads loot to Core City or keep it to Rail Crossing/Foundry.

Now that you've got that system down, there's very little hauling back and forth.  Sure, there'll still be a little bit, but you won't have to do twenty laps; just sort of consolidate stuff as you whittle down your various stashes.

All that said, I do think that for new players especially, it would be nice if you could pay someone (like, say, the Core City Housing people) to move your things from your room in SGS to your house in Core City.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2019, 09:24:04 pm »
Moving stuff to the house isn't always as productive - you, after all, only need to craft stuff there. If you store Upper Rail stuff at the bins next to Oscar's shop you get an easy sell for weapons and armour. You can also check which recipes you want to craft by using the craft menu. After putting the materials away or closing the crafting menu the components will be at the bottom of your inventory, which will allow you to stash them in another bin. That way you will travel to the house only for the stuff you need to craft. You do earn a loading screen more than you'd probably want and it's quite possible you're not like me - a guy who always crafts all the 'nades and chems on the fly. I only visit the house for shields, weapons and armour, and probably two or three times in a run. 

There is an easy SGS storing place at the weapons and armour shop - it's next to the shooting range.

For Foundry I always use the bin next to the bar.

You can store a small supply at Fort Apogee - it's the store that sells the most explosives, after all.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2019, 12:12:42 am »
You could just give up and use Cheat Engine to remove weight limit and speedhack, it honestly makes the game much, MUCH better, more than I've ever thought.

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 13, 2019, 03:22:27 am »
you just need some juice, dude
then haul all those junks anywhere you please

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 14, 2019, 06:21:36 pm »
Yep I just found the feature this playthrough can't believe i missed such a useful feature.

Fufuneraire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2020, 11:43:31 am »
Hammer belt and tentacle barbeque can also help. Anyway, you'll do LOTS of travels for quests :p

Vokial

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2020, 06:54:07 am »
Still, some kind of Resident Evil-style interdimensional footlocker present in each major location would be nice. Where you put stuff in at SGS and can acces them in Core City too.
Or a Fire Emblem-kind of bank (only played the two GBA versions back then) where it's the same scenario, you deposit stuff to the clerk like you'll selling them), they hold on to it for a nominal fee and you can take them out from other banks.

Hauling is still doable, but really tedious and unfortuantely gathering all the loot is kind of a must in Dominating.