Author Topic: Next expansion speculation thread  (Read 5644 times)

Exterminator

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Next expansion speculation thread
« on: November 30, 2019, 07:24:46 pm »
Where do you think the next expansion will take place?
Western Underrail?
Eastern Underrail?
Surface?
My guess - next expansion will be a prequel. The protagonist will be the one who stole The Cube from faceless.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Next expansion speculation thread
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2019, 10:05:14 pm »
This could mean only one thing... Gatling Lazor confirmed.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2019, 11:02:01 pm »
an expansion inside the faceless base would be really cool. maybe thats why we dont get to see Tartarus in Deep Caverns? but Styg said it "will be a standalone campaign in which you'll play as a new character in an area that will not be connected to the main game."

so i guess it could technically still be within South Underrail, just not connected to the original player character

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2019, 12:37:17 am »
We've already got art, character concepts, and design for the Grey Army, and we all know that the only thing programmers enjoy more than getting asked if they can just add a toggle is recycling assets.  My guess would be if there's another expansion it could be into North UnderRail, with the Grey Army as a primary antagonist to North UnderRail.  They're clearly militaristic and powerful enough to pose a threat - perhaps even to Dis.  As to which faction would be portrayed as "the good guys" well, I have no idea.  Even SGS and Faceless, clearly the "good guys" of the base game, were hardly blemish-free.

I should add that despite the sexy purple dots by my name, I have zero insider information about this so it's just a SWAG.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2019, 12:39:25 am by TheAverageGortsby »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2019, 02:15:25 am »
We'll become the mythical psionic bear, fighting bear traps, the Thing, and overcharged plasma dog.

Or it could be that we're playing as biocorp back in the days, before tchort and faceless thing happens. Maybe we'll get explanation on what the hell is The Cube and Mysterious Disk was. Or maybe it's totally not connected to the game at all and we played as ancient space civilization fighting space alien killer whale and the game becomes hell curtain SMHUP before the entire underrail world even developed

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 04:49:16 pm »
We've already got art, character concepts, and design for the Grey Army, and we all know that the only thing programmers enjoy more than getting asked if they can just add a toggle is recycling assets.  My guess would be if there's another expansion it could be into North UnderRail, with the Grey Army as a primary antagonist to North UnderRail.  They're clearly militaristic and powerful enough to pose a threat - perhaps even to Dis.  As to which faction would be portrayed as "the good guys" well, I have no idea.  Even SGS and Faceless, clearly the "good guys" of the base game, were hardly blemish-free.

I should add that despite the sexy purple dots by my name, I have zero insider information about this so it's just a SWAG.

Styg said anything North Underrail is reserved for a sequel. Would still be cool to get a full campaign of Slavic humor with the Grey Army though... maybe West Underrail/Fatherland?

tyrtix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 08:01:56 pm »
anything is okay, as long as i get a quad that works like a jet ski, and, why not, have a base with npc's that i can customize.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 08:32:20 pm »
Ive said before I think it will have something to do with the faceless.  I also believe it will have quads.  I don't see it being in west underrail, and while something like "hexagon only" is possible and would be neat; I doubt he wants to do a DLC anywhere in north underrail if the 2nd game is going to be there. 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
    • My primary forum account. (German, no advertising.)
« Reply #8 on: December 04, 2019, 04:34:23 pm »
Ive said before I think it will have something to do with the faceless.  I also believe it will have quads.  I don't see it being in west underrail, and while something like "hexagon only" is possible and would be neat; I doubt he wants to do a DLC anywhere in north underrail if the 2nd game is going to be there.

IF there will be a 2nd one.

There are some storylines that would be possible :

CONTAINS SPOILERS!

You play as the agent that has been hired to infiltrate the faceless capital.

You spawn at the base of the oculites and your story is kinda connected to underrail, but during the time where the deep south (Not the confederation, i mean Junkyard and SGS) is blocked off from the rest of underrail.

The end will be : You delivering the cube to the Bakers, (Cuz they were in CC/RC during the time SGS was blocked of.) and telling Azif that it is done. You are free to go. And the game ends. The ending slides will be the aftermath of the theft of the cube, the Bakers fate + critical encounters that change the ending slides.

That was my 1. theory.

2. You are playing the PS CEO (Archibald) during the CC riots. You fight with the CT CEO and his troops against BioCorp etc. and the ending will be you retirering as the CEO of PS.

Endingslides could be  the upcomming events like the murder of your son, the invasion of the faceless etc.

3. You are a protectorate Corperal. You'll find out pretty quickly why you were promoted to that rank etc. you'll be doing solo missions against the drones or other stuff, till you manage to do something big.

Then the end could come, you are being promoted to a commanding position, like the the protectorate boss, which is commanding the fort in south Underrail.

There are many more possibilities.  It might play out before the action of the main game, during it, or after it.

-Azura
You can contact me on Discord if you want.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 04, 2019, 04:36:38 pm »
Surface?

Oh....that would be cool. But where? When? Who? Maybe in a alt. timeline where the tchortist weren't murdered by the faceless and made it to the surface?
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

Maliel

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 04, 2019, 11:46:06 pm »
My theory is that the guy who stole the cube from the faceless is in fact Underrail's main character after he or she lost his or her memories.

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 05, 2019, 09:06:03 am »
New character that lives in Hexagon, with more advanced equipment and cyberware for all.

My guess - next expansion will be a prequel.

Please no.

tyrtix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 06, 2019, 04:58:57 pm »
also please NO SURFACE. Underrail feels giant already as it is, plenty of things to find and places to explore, makes no sense to me to "go outside".

Since north and south underrail are the basics for the actual game, and we have very few news for the east side of underrail, i may be prone it's either east or west, with a 60-70% chance to be east.

Azura_04

• Scavenger
  • Some girl from SGS.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 06, 2019, 05:46:52 pm »
Is it just me, or does south and north Underrail feel like west and east germany? And the faceless are just the soviets who build the wall/blockade the tunnel.
•♬•♫•Azura•♫•♬•#9900

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 06, 2019, 06:56:27 pm »
My theory is that the guy who stole the cube from the faceless is in fact Underrail's main character after he or she lost his or her memories.

Interesting. What makes you think that?