Author Topic: about saving Cliff without Doctor feat, old but still arguable  (Read 3650 times)

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
about saving Cliff without Doctor feat, old but still arguable
« on: December 05, 2019, 11:50:09 am »
i said still arguable because the wiki says that we can save Cliff if we rush quick enough to save Jenny (in the quest page).
i don't think this is true, at least maybe not anymore.

i stealthed to get past Cliff and get inside the trap door, in order to clear the area from burrowers and opened the necessary ventilation shafts to ensure i can rush to Jenny as fast as i can after i start the quest.
then i get out to talk to Cliff to start the quest, get in the trap door instantly after the convo ends, then rushed to Jenny very easily with all burrowers dead and ventilation shafts opened, but Cliff STILL dies.
the ONLY legal way to save him is to save Jenny without starting the quest, but that means you don't get any XP or oddity XP.

this is even more interesting : after i started the quest by talking to Cliff, i went inside the trap door, then instantly went back out again, and Cliff dies even though it's only about 1-2 seconds passed and the bleeding still needs way more time to completely kill him (counting by the bleeding damage and his remaining HP).

i think the quest page on the wiki needs to be updated, unless there's something i missed. (my game version is 1.1.1.3)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2019, 12:13:42 pm by mephisto »
why so humorous?

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: about saving Cliff without Doctor feat, old but still arguable
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2019, 06:16:45 pm »
It's currently impossible and has always been, as far as I know. In any case, rushing has nothing to do with it.

Quick look at page histories reveal that someone changed it just recently and those are his only edits.
https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Save_Jenny&diff=prev&oldid=36740
https://www.underrail.com/wiki/index.php?title=Cliff&diff=prev&oldid=36739
Always check sources for dubious stuff you read on the internet!
well, if it's "always" been impossible, then why did the guy edited it "recently" telling that it's possible?
why so humorous?

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2019, 12:11:53 am »
It was possible until fairly recently; I think around the time expedition came out.  I've done it before.
*eurobeat intensifies*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2019, 11:59:58 pm »

Then there was some kind of error, because he was alive when I got out.  They had their little argument and I walked away.  I have never taken the doctor feat.

I did it on a couple different characters, but lately anytime I do it he's dead.
*eurobeat intensifies*

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2019, 12:59:49 am »
Just happened, no doctor feat.

*eurobeat intensifies*