Author Topic: how does betrayal as a branching point sound to you? (spoiler)  (Read 930 times)

mephisto

• Zoner
    • View Profile
how does betrayal as a branching point sound to you? (spoiler)
« on: December 10, 2019, 07:18:00 pm »
after i finished the JKK quest line. it made me think about betrayal, not NPCs to us, or NPCs to other NPCs. but a story choice for us to tread, about our own betrayal. i know we can betray someone at some point in this game, but what i thought specifically is what if we get a chance to betray the Oligarch we were serving? i don't think it would impact too much for the story as the important thing for us is just to find Cornell, with or without the Oligarchs' help. so it's like a branching point.

for example :
JKK : after we learn that JKK killed Vivian > move on to the next quest (normal) OR leave it and find another way (betrayal).
so it's either duty, or feelings. if we choose to betray JKK, the story line changed from "serving JKK" to "make our own way", like finding Vivian's body that contains clues to her backstory and to find Cornell (assuming she's secretly investigating Cornell).

please note that betraying a faction by sabotaging them or even killing their leader is not an option because we would be a fugitive and thus can make the whole citizen hostile to us, unless there's a more interesting story to prevent that, like killing their leader in a silent way, and so on.

for the other two factions, it goes similarly, but because i don't really know their story line (i mostly join JKK in my playthroughs),
no matter how the story would be like, the point is the idea.
and because this is just an idea, don't make a big deal out of it :) cheers
« Last Edit: December 10, 2019, 08:05:22 pm by mephisto »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: how does betrayal as a branching point sound to you? (spoiler)
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2019, 02:39:13 am »
I feel that Oligarch simply has too much presence in Corecity, or even in South underrail, that betraying them simply impossible without getting assassinated, story wise. Technically, you could "betray" them by not reporting about the cube, and straight up go to Tanner and proceed doing main quest this way