Author Topic: Typos and other text issues  (Read 3183 times)

kentable

• Noob
    • View Profile
Typos and other text issues
« on: August 27, 2012, 07:33:36 am »
Great game so and I enjoyed it very much but there were some typos and awkward phrases in the dialogue that would only bother anal retentive people like me. I looked through the dialogue files and they're not exactly text files. Is there any efficient way to help with the text?

I surmise that most people just speed through the text and get on with the questing and shooting but some take the time to read through the lore and background story.

jimy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Typos and other text issues
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 05:39:09 pm »
Yeah, I thought the best thing about this game was throwing "fleshbangs" at my enemies. :D

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:07:21 pm »
Yeah, I thought the best thing about this game was throwing "fleshbangs" at my enemies. :D

Hehe, I spelled the file name correctly, I spelled the item code correctly, but I misspelled the only thing that matters - display name. :)

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2012, 07:10:15 pm »
Btw, kentable, that's not a bad idea - opening up resource files and crowd-sourcing the spell/grammar-checking. I'll give it some thought.

lanshan75

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 05:27:09 am »

I have been annoyed by this problem for a long time,so thank you for your post, it is really useful for me.

Spinewire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2012, 10:56:53 am »
Someone should make a sticky thread to report all typos and odd grammar in. Everyone can just mention it in there and Mr Dev Face can add a strike through to the text when he has changed it. He could delete it when they new patch is out.

I would do it myself but requesting stickies on my 2nd post would come across a bit presumptuous.

Anyway...

When entering Junkyard (Fallout junktown reference?) Archie suggests that I "thread carefully", I did have 40 points in tailoring at the time so that's a given. Guessing he meant "tread".
« Last Edit: December 22, 2012, 11:00:20 am by Spinewire »