Author Topic: Mysterious Disk connected to Shadowlith?  (Read 3274 times)

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Mysterious Disk connected to Shadowlith?
« on: January 13, 2020, 09:52:47 am »
A thought I had, please disprove if the logs in Abyssal suggest otherwise:

Could the Mysterious Disk (theorized lost piece of Oculus or Godman super-alloy) be identical/related to the circular saw used to cut the Shadowlith open?

It's been a while since I read the logs down there next to the ACoNR, but I remember the circular saw tool they used had a heavy amount of secrecy associated with it. Notes in the delivery suggesting it was an artifact and they didn't want anyone knowing exactly where it came from or what it was. Also it would make sense that Godman tech is able to slice evil Leviathan shit.   ???

Does Eddy in Junkyard have a monolith to cut?  :P

ciox

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Mysterious Disk connected to Shadowlith?
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2020, 10:22:14 am »
I think it's more likely that the Mystery comes from the disk having a quest cut, but this theory is cool too.

Mocade

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2021, 05:35:42 pm »
I think Disk could be a blueprint for a Mega Project,  the one that requires six Acorns.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2023, 08:10:11 pm »
I think it's more likely that the Mystery comes from the disk having a quest cut, but this theory is cool too.
Shameless necro.

I just discovered that Mysterious Disk has a special function no other known to me items do: it survives the walk through the river of acid during mutant questline. Everything else - all items in inventory - is destroyed, but the disk is not.

Is this anyhow related to the cut quest? And what that quest was? 1st time i hear about it, and probably i am not the only person in this forum who till now had no idea there was a quest, since cut, that Mysterious Disk was an item for.

Any further details anyone?
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr

PaposikG6

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2023, 09:32:21 pm »
Shameless necro.

I just discovered that Mysterious Disk has a special function no other known to me items do: it survives the walk through the river of acid during mutant questline. Everything else - all items in inventory - is destroyed, but the disk is not.

Is this anyhow related to the cut quest? And what that quest was? 1st time i hear about it, and probably i am not the only person in this forum who till now had no idea there was a quest, since cut, that Mysterious Disk was an item for.

Any further details anyone?
It's not related to any cut quest. There is zero information in the files that suggests anything was cut related to this item. There might have been plans for it but that's just speculation without any evidence.
You can give it to Kharon if you are a mutant.
See: https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Kharon
Acorn, Shard and Ethereal Torch also survive acid trip, so the disk isn't unique.
If you want to know what this is, reread more closely Scanner console logs in Abyssal Station Zero.
Valor's favorite poster

fubaxqr

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2023, 10:48:53 pm »

All artifact-quality items (there's also Faceless Medallion, Head of the Beast and The Cube) survive the trip.

Fins

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 16, 2023, 11:11:27 pm »
Thank you guys. Interesting to know! :)
our lifestyles, mores, institutions, patterns of interaction, values, and expectations are shaped by a cultural heritage that was formed in a time when carrying capacity exceeded the human load. (c) William R. Catton, Jr