Author Topic: The Riot Executioner  (Read 2775 times)

FanaticEgalitarian

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
The Riot Executioner
« on: February 26, 2020, 02:11:19 am »
Hello,

I am trying to make a (janky) heavy-crafting build that combines heavy anti-rifle riot armour with a shield and all the shield feats, dirty kick, tasers, flashbangs and grenades, with pistols and the execution feat. My first version of this build goes the dexterity/melee/versatility route, but one could also go heavier on perception, or intelligence to use energy weapons. I am looking for your thoughts. This is meant to be fun and different, because there is no info on people trying a combo of pistols, melee abilities, and shields.

At level 30:

Attributes:
8 Strength
17 Dex (With improved Dex feat)
3 agility
7 constitution
3 perception
3 Will
7 Intelligence

Skills:
80 (269) guns
80 (168) throwing
160 (336) melee
80 (110) hacking
50 (121) lockpicking
40 (84) pickpocket
60 (141) traps
100 (125-140) in all crafting

This leaves behind 230 skill points that would be good for evasion, social, or temporal manipulation

Feats (in no order yet):
Versatility (max spec)
Opportunist
Execution (max cooldown and some damage spec)
Armor Sloping
Gun Nut
Gunslinger
Juggernaut
Shield Arm
Dirty Kick
Steadfast Aim
Grenadier
Three Pointer
Shield Bash
Rapid Fire
Boarding Up
Critical Power
Increased Dex

The build should be able to get the best gear in the game. It will use a high frequency shield, steel helmet and boots. Blocking means that low perception wont get us killed against melee ambush.  It is weak to long range enemy snipes but very resistant to melee enemies, great crowd control, high damage spikes. It can single out targets for stuns to kill them quick while surviving and crowd controlling others. I believe use of temporal contraction could be added to allow execution every turn, with more taser and dirty kick, and great grenade spam. This build can use traps, but the lack of stealth ability neuters this slightly.

All discussion appreciated, this game really pulls me in.

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: The Riot Executioner
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2020, 02:28:25 pm »
Your build is conceptual and you are probably not looking for a min/max build. The big lack would be mobility. Temporal Manipulation and its feat could help there. It may not be enough.
You will not face accuracy issues if you use a laser sight on pistol therefore you can use your veteran points in something more useful than versatility (Critical power?).
Cheap shots is a nice investment if you will play melee a lot.
It would be convenient to max dex versus other stats (Lower AP is very very beneficial at any stage).