Author Topic: My best build for no death domination  (Read 3715 times)

renjaken

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
My best build for no death domination
« on: March 09, 2020, 06:10:54 pm »
It's Psion. In armour I use Psi beetle carapase(Psi crab later)+regenerative vest+super steel sheet+blast overcoat.
On head uni Psion headband+critical chance and critical damage. Boots infused ancient rathound leather+plates+high density padding or insulating foam padding. Belt it's doctor pouch or lifting belt.
Sometimes change on stealth equipment for explore zone before fight or put some trap.
Build here
http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgMDAwwDDggAOgAAAAA4SF8AAFddAFddwozCoMKgRisAQghfKywUKmUuZiFQH2LChykowrdz4qGGBOKhhwTiorUC4quGBd-_

If I need some movement I use TM or jumping bean.
With stoicism+5, Morfine and aegis you can get near 95 damage reduction for all damage types on 3 turns
I think I can take points from throwing and put in stealth because I have blast overcoat...
Any advise to improve build?
« Last Edit: March 09, 2020, 06:17:51 pm by renjaken »

Sat

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: My best build for no death domination
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2020, 08:01:23 pm »
No death on Dominating, this is a real challenge. So, congratulations!

I always prefer Psychosis over Tranquility but in that case wouldn't it be less risky to go with Tranquility? Also, I do not understand the point of Survival Instinct with the vest.

In the list of very important feats for a Dominating run, I would go for hemopsychosis which synergise very well with last stand. Psychostatic Electricity is very good if you go crit road and Thermodynamicity to have more actions per round.

I would swap TC skills and TM as well... You may refer to TheAverageGorsby psi guide which will detail more.

Also, for Spe points, there may be better investment than last stand cooldown, you will almost never use it twice in the same fight.

In any case, the build is very vulnerable to stealth enemies with low detection and low initiatives... Industrial bots and plasma sentry are also going to be tricky even with emp grenades... A lot of reasons to die at every corner anyway :)

renjaken

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 09, 2020, 10:13:08 pm »
Yes, I think hemopsichosis is good in this build, no use it before. Stealth enemy's no problem, because after entering in New area I use shield .  With this build I make 3 attempt, finish depot ,  and most time after this I die after lose concentration, stealth enemy can not kill you in one round. Most time in danger situation, I lose 65%-70% health, after this
Use psionic mania, premeditation,  one powerfull spell. Enables survival insincts, I use more spells , morfine, aegis and finish round.On next round I have near 20-30 %health after all damage i get and heal from regen vest and can cast

some more spells with high crit chance. And with hemopsichosis you can control your health more effectively, it's very good. On 3 round use last stand and fight again. If any alive after this you can  use force wall and heal all health by regen vest , and fight again.

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2020, 08:06:52 am »
How do you deal with:

-Death Stalkers
-Stealthy enemies with close combat weapons and incapacitation
-Xbow enemies w/stun bolts, or nets for trapping you (or both)
-Greater Coil Spiders

Especially the coil spiders I wonder how you can survive, w/minimal web detection or disarming, no stealth and no initiative?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2020, 12:30:10 pm »
3 Perception + Paranoia is enough to reliably detect Death Stalkers and Coil Spider webs on DOMINATING as long as you take your time.  Personally I prefer 5 Per but I've done a few ironman-style runs down the elevator now with 3 Per + Paranoia, and unlike OP don't use energy shields.   If OP is playing Classic XP mode, then they'll easily get to level 26 before meeting Death Stalkers or Coil Spiders.  If not, they may need to bounce around the Expedition content a bit and plan out a path to avoid the spiders.

renjaken

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2020, 06:03:50 pm »
Vs death stalkers work ice shield+energy shield.  Take good position and wait, you can use aegis or morfine  before get ganked but usually ice shield it enough,  you can buff yourself, wait last turn of poison, use locus of control and destroy crawlers by true power of psi . You can spam torch. If bad position, you can block another way for crawlers with force field and stay one by one.
Vs coli spiders you can make armor galvanic vest+psi crab, and boots with elecricale resistance, it was near 65 electrical res without psi crab in mid game and with psi crab near 85.Plus stoicizm reduction and morfine you can walk like destroer and crush spiders with your boots.
Stealth assasins cant kill you in one round than you have 300 hp and armor with mechanil threshold near 18 in early-mid game and stoicizm. One problem is sniper, he can one shoot you if you dont have energy shield active.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2020, 06:28:16 pm by renjaken »