Author Topic: Dev Log #65: Codename Infusion  (Read 18596 times)

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #65: Codename Infusion
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2020, 04:21:42 pm »
Something gaming related to actually be excited for - how refreshing   8)

Tayon

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2020, 04:22:29 pm »
In any case, it's going to be the biggest change to existing (psi) player characters since Underrail alpha.
Goodbye, my current character. Hello, months without Underrail.
No, usually my battles do not last long enough for any long-term resource to matter, but the raids of the Serpentborn will cruelly dominate me. I'm really looking forward. Does Underrail broke me and made me a masochist?

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2020, 10:08:57 pm »
Looks amazing, keep up the superb work guys.

I wonder what that screenshot could be though? Faceless City? Hmmm ...  ???

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2020, 11:42:55 pm »
Lot of big fat pipes with pressure wheels on them, and heavy cabling bundled on the floor.  My guess is steam power generation either resulting in or incident to thermal regulation.  Those could maybe be copper radiator fins all along the walls, and if the blue light is somehow magically sterilizing the air pushed through those fans, Faceless City starts to sound pretty good, yeah.  That or just regular carbon scrubbing for Dis/Hexagon.  I'd like to think the Faceless with all their snazzy tech wouldn't be so slovenly as to let things moss over and get so disheveled.

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 13, 2020, 12:56:41 am »
This will probably be ignore but ...

I really, really hope the update will include viable (read: competitive to psi + psi hybrid) non-psi build. Exclusive perks and/or benefits for build that would go the non-psi route.

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2020, 01:06:27 am »
I'd like to think the Faceless with all their snazzy tech wouldn't be so slovenly as to let things moss over and get so disheveled.

Yeah, that's what's confusing me about this screenshot too. Would the Faceless really have dirty mattresses?

Also... Six!

Pretty obvious connection but this area is likely deep underground judging by this pattern on the wall... Perhaps at Deep Caverns or AS0 depth
Or it could simply be symbolism from a Descending civilization... ie one of the other supercorps

« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 01:14:29 am by brobotics »

`louse`

« Reply #21 on: March 13, 2020, 11:45:51 am »
Styg, you really need to pay attention more often and publish development logs. This makes your work interesting for fans and doesn't make us think the game is dead.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2020, 11:47:54 am by `louse` »

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2020, 06:08:45 pm »
looks more like insulation than mattresses
*eurobeat intensifies*

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2020, 10:22:32 pm »
looks more like insulation than mattresses
true

Arclight

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2020, 11:15:55 pm »
... and all those cables on the floor. OSHA would not be pleased....  ;)

Xeuix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2020, 09:10:21 am »
I only started playing Underrail a few weeks ago (although I've known about it nearly since its inception), went with low expectations (because of an RPS review I had read) and was pleasantly surprised. Although there are things I would personally change, it's managed to become one of my most played games in recent years (66 hours Steam playtime as of yesterday). Very interesting setting, great RPG combat mechanics, and actually interesting crafting mechanics - although I do tend to hoard and waste time from the actual gameplay.

Looking really forward to this new game! A definite purchase from me.

Uptek

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2020, 08:28:57 pm »
Hopefully sometime in the future the original game can get the updated engine as well.

Tygrende

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2020, 08:29:59 pm »
went with low expectations (because of an RPS review I had read)
At least now you know better than to trust RPS reviews.

Alice Malice

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2020, 05:28:59 am »
Regarding changes to Psi, I think it'd also be cool if psionic enemies had full access to psi abilities just like the player does. Unique psi enemies, or high level ones on DOMINATING could use implosion, or throw a cryokinetic orb at you if you're not careful (seeing them occasionally miss horribly and kill themselves and their allies would also be hilarious). Enemy psi monks could use force emission with a pair of steel gloves, and cast force field to either enable their escape, or prevent yours. Rare enemies specializing in temporal manipulation wouldn't be a huge direct threat on their own, but could empower their allies to devastating effect by casting psi haste on them, or dominate you by defbuffing you with psi slow, or by casting entropic recurrence on you right after his sniper buddy shot you in the face.

A change to force field would probably be in order as well, perhaps by giving each individual block of the force field its own HP bar and allowing it to be destroyed? The HP of each block could scale with the caster's effective psychokinesis skill, and could be further improved by the force user feat, which could give force field more HP rather than increasing duration. You could compensate for this change by increasing the total duration of force field by a turn or two.

I think the general idea should be to change boring, un-interactive and abusable stuff like force field and Thermo-D while still allowing Psi to be highly powerful - just not game breakingly so.

Xeuix

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 13, 2020, 08:22:38 pm »
went with low expectations (because of an RPS review I had read)
At least now you know better than to trust RPS reviews.

Heh, indeed.