Author Topic: Shotgun Psi build  (Read 3917 times)

corujadiurna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Shotgun Psi build
« on: April 21, 2020, 07:02:34 pm »
hi guys, im in the end of the game on dominating with this build https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=5458.0, and i wanted to try a variation of it, using shotguns and AR. I was trying to make one, but i wasn't able to do it. I always try doing fireweapon build, but the early levels are so boring, because you dont have acess to the actual weapons from the build. Can anyone give me tips, like how to build, and how to get the weapons i want as soon as possible?

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun Psi build
« Reply #1 on: April 24, 2020, 10:25:09 pm »
If you want a shotgun as soon as possible, then wait to get your weapon back from Lucas.  You've got psi, so go do Retake the Outposts and Hopper Round-up using just psi.  0-skill Temporal Distortion and TK Punch will be enough to get you through most of that, so even if you didn't plan on taking Psychokinesis or Temporal Manipulation, you'd still be able to sail through those starting quests.  Then, at character level 3 (which might just be after Retaking the Outposts) you should have enough Persuasion (which you'll get by puling 40 points out of Stealth, which that build is overinvested in by a lot) to get the Shoddy Shotty and be ready to go with your shotgun.  You can pick up an AR whenever you want; even at level 1 it's possible if you buy two or three grenades.  Just head down into the Underpassages, manually engage turn-based mode so you can skirt the Lurker pair and run past the sledge dude, then kill the guy with the aluminized tac vest (if you picked up TD, may as well kill those rathounds and get the loot from inside that locked room, too), open the gate, and kill the Lurker with the AR.

Presto, AR and shotgun by the time you're done with Retaking the Outposts, or Hopper Roundup at the latest.

corujadiurna

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 07:48:54 pm »
Damn. That is clean af. I ended up rushing money, to craft a early on shotgun. Luckily, Lucas sold me a sovereing frame that i could use for crafting early on, so i made one, and bursted the psi beetles. Grabbing a AR at lvl 1 makes the early game completely different, because pistol f**king sucks

Bruno

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2020, 02:54:25 pm »
Keep in mind you need a minimal skill level to be able to use the more advanced guns without crippling penalties to hit.