Author Topic: Less Azuridae Goliathus bettles in silent isle on dominating.  (Read 2062 times)

nosaM

I get that it's supposed to be dominating but that's a lot of em for being so early in the game.
Still didn't stop me from clearing the map at level 7.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Less Azuridae Goliathus bettles in silent isle on dominating.
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2020, 03:32:52 am »
If it wasn't a problem for you why even ask? I have regularly gotten past silent isle on iron man runs before with all different builds, just silently kill the rathounds and then sneak past the bugs with some stealth gear. Also you can drop caltrops all over the left side of the island - the bugs tend not to walk over them so they won't randomly get aggroed or aggro your way off the island. It was pretty depressing to survive that fight at level 8 one time only to have Capn Broderick eat it while fighting the bugs and not have a way off the island.

Generally I don't like toning down the hardest difficulty - it's not there so you can easily win. The only thing I dislike about dominating is the economy squeeze - feels just a little too harsh. maybe 66% on normal and 33% on dominating...

nosaM

« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2020, 03:07:07 pm »
If it wasn't a problem for you why even ask?

My problem was the quantity of the Goliath's I counted about 3 of them. So the only real way to fight all them was to abuse bear traps and grenades because you can't kite all 3 or do the damage to kill 2 of them right at the start of the fight, that early on in the game. So the fight was much less of a fight and more trapping your enemies in a oven and slow cooking them.

slyguy65

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2020, 05:55:59 pm »
I mean, when the tagline of the difficulty says "Its not guaranteed you can finish the game on this difficulty"
Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa