Author Topic: Shotgun LOC Grenadier dominating  (Read 2371 times)

nosaM

Shotgun LOC Grenadier dominating
« on: May 12, 2020, 06:29:57 pm »
With this build i want to side with Tchortists and kill as many faceless as I can.

http://underrail.info.tm/build/?HgUHAwMLCgfCoMKgAAAAAABWQwAAZmpoTWrCoAAARgAAUjEmK8KwFsKWwo_Ch8KYSyHCiD4qwpfCpMK1J8Kdwq3CruKhmwLisZYE4rO2AuK0gALit7AF378

I plan to use a choked hunting shotgun, with tungsten rounds as a mid ranged stun gun.
And infused bison leather to get around having low health.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun LOC Grenadier dominating
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 07:49:19 pm »
Not that you need to min/max to this extent, but why 7 Int?  6 Int gets you everything you need and frees up one more stat point.

Shredded Cheddar

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Shotgun LOC Grenadier dominating
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2020, 01:52:03 pm »
I am skeptical about not having 45 psychokinesis. Seems over invested in throwing even with three pointer. I think the tactical options having those points in psi is much greater than a few % on nade crit chance.

For equipment Im guessing you're using tac vests with psi beetle carapace. No stealth seems pretty bad, you can use equipment and like 40 hard points to not have to initiative roll fights with stealth. You can take tons of skill points out of crafting and still get a lot of use out of those skills.

Tons of people put 10 will and then only do 2 schools or something, at this point you may as well invest in all schools. You get a lot of bonus skill points from skill synergies, plus your equipment (tac vest + headband is like +50 points to all psi skills) and this adds a lot of new tactical options. Especially psychokinesis, having imprint, forcefield, and tk punch gives you so much more cc than you could without - and you have the investment already. (force user is a really good feat btw).

With this kind of build late game you're going to want to use your shotguns to deal the majority of your damage. Shotguns can sort of just blast through everything with raw damage. You want your psi skills to carry you early with your high will and then transition later into being a massive damage dealer with guns.

I have built a very similar build with ARs (because they take almost no feats to be effective) and it was insanely powerful on dominating. Once I got past the early game I had so many options on how to kill people - w2c bullets, cyro orb, mass AR spray into thought control mass cc into next turn nade + more AR spray.... you get the point. Shit's wild. Basically any gun build with 10 will and LOC should be able to stomp all over the place just because of the sheer number of options on cc and damage types.

I would suggest diversifying your skill points a bit and trying it out. For a new player it might be hard to run a more hybrid build like this but as an experienced player when I ran a build like this it was probably my easiest playthrough ever.