Author Topic: Dev Log #66: Shiny Particles  (Read 12042 times)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Dev Log #66: Shiny Particles
« Reply #15 on: May 19, 2020, 04:28:56 am »
Given that UnderRail's current system requirements are basically:
CPU: Yes
GPU: Preferably

even a significant increase probably wouldn't be too burdensome :P

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 19, 2020, 08:46:23 am »
With these new graphical improvements, will it raise the System Requirements for the next game in a significant way?
Yes, for sure, but I cannot say to what extent yet.

nosaM

« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2020, 11:40:28 am »
So the water area's are getting updated? That is awesome, though it does make me wonder, since essentially if you try to access the DLC super early by stealing a jetski the game breaks (aka every one in the DLC is hostile and the shop owner is hostile (Despite not being detected by one one while stealing the jet ski) as well as the entire core city if you get to the dock on the stolen jet ski) will there be an option to get early game jet ski access? Say buy it off the some black eels in the Junkyard? Getting to explore the water areas only after going through the DLC felt kinda bad.
The access to the DLC could be blocked by a gang of high level pirates so people don't try some cheeky stuff.
Looking forward to the new updates and to the infusion!

You can steal a protectorate cruiser from the protectorate docks, but the snipers and lack of choke points make the battle a pain.
The earliest I have made it to the DLC area is level 13.

ComicWallet

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 19, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »
Given that UnderRail's current system requirements are basically:
CPU: Yes
GPU: Preferably

even a significant increase probably wouldn't be too burdensome :P
I use a low spec laptop to run Underrail, and it doesn't give me too much trouble, but any more intensive requirements might be too much for my computer.

Shabby

• Probably not a Spambot
  • Mushroom Brew Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 19, 2020, 07:54:34 pm »
You can steal a protectorate cruiser from the protectorate docks, but the snipers and lack of choke points make the battle a pain.
The earliest I have made it to the DLC area is level 13.
Yeah, i did notice that, but that battle is indeed a real pain, something i tried doing on my Balor's Hammer character and oof, snipers shooting out of fog of war, flashbangs and EMP grenades made that the biggest pain in existence, the sad part was that the jet ski there got destroyed in the fighting for me.
I say that battle is a pain and i cleared out the entire protectorate base on that character.
Grey Army OST is the best piece of music released in the last 50 years, prove me wrong.

`louse`

« Reply #20 on: May 26, 2020, 07:23:53 am »
Based on the scale of the animation, but I think the fragments from the explosion are a little bigger than necessary. What do you think?
... And the color is bright.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2020, 07:35:07 am by `louse` »

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 27, 2020, 10:55:28 pm »
very exciting stuff you guys!!!

dehoyos

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2020, 02:42:57 pm »
Looks cool!

mercy

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2020, 12:46:22 pm »
Nice work guys! Particles look amazing!  Also put into the new engine they look fabulous. Congratulations!

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2020, 06:03:36 pm »
Looks like those of you running on toasters will need to consider an upgrade  ;)

Crows

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2020, 10:54:54 pm »
Looks like those of you running on toasters will need to consider an upgrade  ;)

Gonna have to switch to playing it on my fridge...

Pruvan

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2020, 08:43:17 pm »
We're slowly wrapping up the work on the next content update for Underrail. This one is going to be mostly oriented towards the water areas in terms of content, and, as hinted before, will also feature mechanical changes to psi. It's coming soontm

Since it's been 2 months, do you happen to have an estimate yet for when we might expect the next update? I was thinking of starting a run as a psi character, but I don't want the changes to psi and the mid-game to be released right in the middle of a fresh run. Would rather wait for the update in that case, if it's going to come out in less than a month or so.

If it's going to be several more months I can obviously safely finish a run before the update drops.

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 16, 2020, 09:02:04 pm »
If it's going to be several more months I can obviously safely finish a run before the update drops.
In the announcement mentioning the changes, Styg said the patch would be in beta for a good while to allow for bug checking, feedback, and any necessary balancing.  As long as you opt out of the beta channel, you should have several months even after the patch is first released, assuming the plan remains the same.

Kiki

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 08, 2020, 06:31:00 pm »
afraid it won't run on my computer
Hi, I'm 16 and I like to play games with good difficulty, and I also like to do pixel art.
My discord: Kiki#0348
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/MoRastic__
My Steam: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198124259384/

boi

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 08, 2020, 07:03:54 pm »
Even with these particle effects the game should run on any hardware that has been commercially available in the past 15 years.

My computer is 6 years old and while running the game the CPU usage goes up to a whopping 15% while the GPU stays at 7% and jumps to 8% when there's lots of explosions on the screen.