Author Topic: Hybrid Psi Perks/Abilties  (Read 1230 times)

Vlad_tech

• Noob
    • View Profile
Hybrid Psi Perks/Abilties
« on: July 26, 2020, 03:28:02 am »
Greetings, first post here figure I'd make it a suggestion.

Hybrid Psi perks that benefit players who want to run builds that aren't just raw Psi and have them benefit abilities. This would help encourage psi users to branch out into combat skills while encouraging non-psi players (me and probably only me) to dip their feet in the water. Personally I don't see much use from Psi except utility if going combat skills as a main focus. Ideally most of these are non-utility, sans Repel. Because this would be a shallow post without examples, I have examples :3 The biggest focus for these examples is to make things more synergistic with abilities and attacks not just passive increases to damage, however there are at least a few of those.

Thought Control
Name: Shell Shock
Type: Passive
Requirements: Thought Control 50; Throwing 50
Effect: Your non-incendiary grenades have a 25% chance to cause enemies to panic when hit, and a 10% chance to cause nearby enemies not hit to panic.

Name: Alluring Demise
Type: Active
Requirements: Traps 50; Thought Control 50; Undetected
Effect: Does not break stealth. Lures targeted hostile organic target to your closest trap or mine unless resisted. If the trap is detected the target gains 20% increased detection and stops approaching. Combat with the target is initiated and the player acts before the target when the trap or mine is triggered.

Name: Distortion
Requirements: Thought Control 80
Effect: Enemies damaged by your Thought Control abilities suffer from distortion decreasing their likelihood to dodge by 4% stacking up 4 times. This effects lasts 2 turns.
Purpose: Makes evasive targets easier to hit.

Psychokinesis
Name: Guiding Force
Type: Active ability
Requirements: Psychokinesis 40; Crossbows or Throwing 40
Effect: Precision of crossbow bolts increased by 5% (additive) with grenades, throwing knives, and crossbow bolts. Costs 5 Psi per use.

Name: Force Multiplier
Requirements: Guiding Force; Psychokinesis 60; Crossbows or Throwing 60
Effect: Guiding force also grants 10% increased damage to crossbows and throwing knives; User is shielded from 50% of their grenades damage.

Name: Repel
Requirements: Psychokinesis 35
Effect: Costs 15 psi and 5 AP, forces an opponent back 1 tile, deals no damage.
Cooldown: 2 turns
Purpose? This skill could be used to force  a singular melee opponent back to remove aim penalties. While not strictly hybrid it synergizes  with ranged weapons.

Name: Psionic Sentry
Okay listen this one is a dumb pipe dream and would be to much work, I get it. Let a Vlad live his Magneto dream ;~;
Requirements: Guns 80; Psychokinesis 80; Intelligence 7; Perception 7
Effect: Levitate your equipped main hand firearm and cause it to attack enemies independent of the player. The firearm targets nearby enemies and has 25 AP, if the fire arm cannot be fired with 25 AP the AP will be stored for the next turn. Cost 50 AP, 60 Psi. Cooldown of 8 turns, duration of 4 turns.
Purpose: I wanna be Magneto...

Metathermics
Name: Bitter Retort
Type: Passive -ish.
Requirements: Cryo-shield; Evasion 60; Metathermics 60
Effect: Evading a ranged attack gives you a 50% chance to propel one of your ice shards towards ranged attackers. Accuracy is determined by Metathermics. Cannot occur more than once per turn.

Name: Cryogenic Aura
Type: Active, channeled.
Requirements: Metathermics 60; Melee 60; Obtained through mentors
Effect: Activate to give your self an aura that chills adjacent enemies reducing their movement points by 10. Normal melee attacks have a chance equal to twice their total AP cost to chill enemies on hit. Duration 4 turns, cooldown 10 turns. Costs 15AP and 30 Psi. Every turn active costs 10 Psi.

Name: Blood Boil
Requirements: Metathermics 80; Melee 80
Effect: You become enraged and your blood boils sealing all bleeding wounds. Other Psi abilities are disabled during this effect. Melee attackers are burned by your blood taking 8% of your life. Melee damage increased by 20%. Rage grants you immunity to stun, feeze, and chill.  Lose 20% of your life per turn. Duration 3 turns, cooldown 20 turns, effect cannot be canceled.

Temporal Manipulation
Name: Crushing Drive
Requirements: Temporal Manipulation 40; Melee 40; Acquired from Bisson.
Effect: Dash up to 3 space, increased by 1 tile per 75 effective temporal manipulation, colliding with the first enemy in your way. Deals X mechanical damage increased by 1% per 1% armor penalty above 35%. Costs 25 AP and 40 Psi.

Name: Accelerated Toxins
Type: Passives
Requirements: Biology 80; Temporal Manipulation 80
Effect: Poisons you apply have their duration halfed but trigger twice per turn. 
« Last Edit: July 26, 2020, 04:02:46 am by Vlad_tech »

kamax3

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid Psi Perks/Abilties
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2020, 07:01:16 am »
Neat. Could add some interesting dynamics to the game.

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Hybrid Psi Perks/Abilties
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 02:47:37 pm »
What PSI truly lacks of Force Choke!