Author Topic: Core city sewer agility checks  (Read 1151 times)

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Core city sewer agility checks
« on: July 31, 2020, 03:54:25 am »
In the core city sewers, there are a couple places where a bridge is broken with only a 1 tile wide gap in the middle.  I think these would be good places for agility checks to jump across.  Theres one in the first map of the praetorian exclusive area that lets you avoid some traps, another in the map with the muties and slugs that would let you bypass the muties (and some traps). 
*eurobeat intensifies*

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Core city sewer agility checks
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 02:30:00 pm »
What would they be, like a check of 6? Unless you are just a snail / in full tungsten armor (3 AGL) then a person of relatively average agility ought to be able to make those jumps, maybe have the check be 5 or 6 AGL.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 07:24:58 pm »
I figure they're supposed to be at least somewhat abstract, because most of the jump checks I see shouldn't require max agility (for 1st level anyway). 
edit:  the 10+ jump ones, I mean
So maybe the walkways are rusty and unstable, and that's why they'd be harder than 5 or 6 despite only being a tile wide.

« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 08:40:13 pm by harperfan7 »
*eurobeat intensifies*

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:58:04 pm »
Ah, so it would like if you don't meet the requirement the assumption is that you slipped, stepped on the wrong place, or you just don't know how to proceed.

If its the case that it doesn't matter how agile you are, maybe make the bridges clickable with a short description. Maybe something like, "What little support remains appears badly rusted."

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2020, 11:44:27 am »
I like the your ides. I'll come up with something. Might make these smaller gaps wider to further justify the agi checks.