Author Topic: Remove one tile of Mutagen Gas in the Drone hideout?  (Read 1687 times)

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Remove one tile of Mutagen Gas in the Drone hideout?
« on: August 05, 2020, 11:49:01 am »
I was playing the other day and was doing the Protectorate Drone quest.

I attacked asap because of one particular oddity. Saved the game after combat and went to do something else.

Today I found that the way forwards is blocked :D.

The reason why it halts this playthrough is because I only play with a single save per character. Autosaving is good in the beginning, but progressively takes longer and longer as the game goes on, so it makes sense to turn it off... plus it makes the game more interesting.

Unfortunately, this is one of its consequences :). I am not saying it should be fixed... I can take it if this is a botched playthrough. But it does have the potential to be gamebreaking in a way.

PS:I'd have loved if there was a legit way to play as a mutant because in that situation I'd totally have continued as one :). You know - like a Nosferatu in Bloodlines.

Elite

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: Remove one tile of Mutagen Gas in the Drone hideout?
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2020, 02:41:14 pm »
If the edge of the gas moving isnt enough for you to get by, then that would be the end there. This had to be intentional since you're just meant to come up from the lower passages and then make your way to the exit.

H.E. Esquire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2020, 09:42:40 pm »
Yeah, looks like you're trapped. It's best to try from the last save, or if you don't, you can use cheat engine to teleport yourself over the barrier without walking through the happy gas. I can do it for you if you can send me a save file.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2020, 01:41:54 pm »
Yeah, looks like you're trapped. It's best to try from the last save, or if you don't, you can use cheat engine to teleport yourself over the barrier without walking through the happy gas. I can do it for you if you can send me a save file.

I only play with one save per character so that's the save right there.

Man, it would be really awesome if that can happen, thanks for suggesting. I haven't ever used cheat engine - only heard about it - but it if you could give me a hand with that I'd appreciate it. Is there a convenient way for you to get a hold of the save files?

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2020, 07:03:05 pm »
https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1566.msg30430#msg30430

Items
Biohazard suit now provides full protection from a certain very, very bad gas

You can try to "deliver" a biohazard suit using the item duplication cheat to get out of the base.

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2020, 08:55:46 pm »
https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=1566.msg30430#msg30430

Items
Biohazard suit now provides full protection from a certain very, very bad gas

You can try to "deliver" a biohazard suit using the item duplication cheat to get out of the base.

Thanks, man. Completely forgot about that tweak... even though I read it.

How can I do that, btw?

H.E. Esquire

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2020, 09:49:46 pm »

I only play with one save per character so that's the save right there.

Man, it would be really awesome if that can happen, thanks for suggesting. I haven't ever used cheat engine - only heard about it - but it if you could give me a hand with that I'd appreciate it. Is there a convenient way for you to get a hold of the save files?

You can make a copy of the save folder. It should be in Documents->mygames->underrail->Saves. Attach it to an email to a gmail account I just made:nickydeedles69420@gmail.com
« Last Edit: August 07, 2020, 09:52:12 pm by H.E. Esquire »

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2020, 12:29:55 am »

Thanks, man. Completely forgot about that tweak... even though I read it.

How can I do that, btw?

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=843557165
Follow the instructions in the Duplication and item transfers section.