Author Topic: Psi-related suggestions  (Read 1746 times)

redgoesfastfastfastfast

• Scavenger
  • Strike em quick, lightning fast.
    • View Profile
    • https://bitbucket.org/N1MH/starsector-mods/downloads/
Psi-related suggestions
« on: September 04, 2020, 01:25:03 am »
I think either lowering it to 10 int for all of the psi slots or 10 + a feat would be an improvement since there is very little reason to get as high as 12 int.

Psycho Neural Optimization and Flexibility are both rather weak and not really worth a feat point, I feel a good solution would be giving flexbility a small crit chance (3-5% maybe) and boosting the psi cost multiplier down by 20 or 15% instead of 10 for optimization would be good ideas.
Im working on maknig a guide for new players on DOMINATING. Help needed. Do not PM me.

Sseths Sex Slave

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: Psi-related suggestions
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2020, 05:29:42 am »
giving flexbility a small crit chance
I think this doesn't make sense flavour wise.

I would like to see Flexibility granting an additional psy slot. Maybe make it a Veteran Feat for balance.

I totally agree with you that investing in Int feels wasted. We can get an additional slot with the headband, but even before the psionic update enhancements already heavily competed against each other.

Utilizing more than 2 Psi Schools makes no sence anymore (with that I can live), but making it that hard for 2 Schools feels overdone (which is especially true for Thought Control)

Also I like to mention, that it feels so much more rewarding to disable 3 enemys with 3 separate abilitys, than just with 3 times Electrokinesis.

Before some "everything is fine, u have no idea what ur talking about, tin can goes brrrt" commentarys pop up, I have played 520 hours and looking forward for more.

A_furious_noot

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2020, 03:10:37 pm »
I'd like a perk that makes Thought Control affect robots - or at least robots that are already short-circuited/non-shielded. Strongmen, Handmaidens and Plasma Sentries have self-consciousness modules and emotion emulators so it seems plausible that they could be potentially vulnerable mind-altering psionics. Something like Man-Machine Interface or Circuit Breaker.

Non-hybrid psi builds basically need psychokinetics (or grenadier) to deal with robots. Thought Control seems like the weakest school at the moment and I feel this would have make it a more appealing option.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2020, 07:28:13 pm »
The feats aren't particularly enticing, but as someone not going for crit, I'd probably still go for flexibility at this moment. Maybe just eat the 10% cost penalty if I can bear it, I don't know yet.
It would be nice if psi abilities had tags like "offensive", "defensive", "utility". Then we could have feats that boosted, say, just skills adding a certain thing.
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.

hilf

• Oculite
  • Faceless
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2020, 02:09:56 pm »
A tiny suggestion not worth its own thread:
Remove 'reserves' from Cerebral Trauma's description.

Increases the base damage of your Neural Overload psi ability by 20%. Also, whenever it lands it reduces all target's psi point reserves by 10% of their maximum psi points.