Author Topic: would this build work ?  (Read 1467 times)

PereDodu

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
would this build work ?
« on: September 06, 2020, 01:34:25 pm »
Hello everyone,

I love the game but I struggle to find a build that fit me, so I had this idea of a build.

Could you tell me if it's a good build or if I have to change it or basically delete it ?
My build is basically this:

Base:
-Strength 10
-Dexterity 5
-Agility 3
-Constitution 9
-Perception 9
-Will 3
-Intelligence 7

Feat chosen:
-Juggernaut
-Armor sloping
-Gun nut
-Paranoia
-Recklessness
-Suppresive fire
-Kneecap shot
-Fast metabolism
-Commando
-Heavy punch
-Improved unarmed combat
-Aimed shot
-Crippling strike
-Guard

Offense:
guns: 192
throwing: 93
melee: 150

Subterfuge:
Stealth 54
Hacking: 94
Lockpicking: 115
Traps: 115

Technology:
Mechanics: 119
Electronics: 119
Chemistry: 42
Biology: 103
Tailoring: 85

Social:
Intimidation: 52
Mercantile: 69

Thank you for time and attention.

Regards

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: would this build work ?
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 02:11:18 pm »
Yeah, it will. It's DOMINATING viable, even, provided you take care of different types of armour.

Maybe you should go for 10 Con and pick Thick Skull instead of Gun Nut. You could also play with spears and Spear Guard +2 which will give you a 100 % block. You can still use AR and then swap to spear when needed for more defensives. Taking Quick Pockets and keeping a shotgun around with Leading shot is going to help you since you don't go all out on either Offensive skill. It will deal with most evasive enemies of which there are tons in the game. In this case I wouldn't consider Gun Nut, Recklessness, Paranoia, Heavy Punch, Improved Unarmed Combat, Guard and Crippling Strike. Maybe look into one or two points more in Dex and consider Grenadier, Quick Tinkering in addition to Sixth Shell, Concentrated Fire and Leading Shot. You could skip Lockpicking and half the point in Traps and go heavy into crafting. No point into going Intimidate. Better put it all into Mercantile and Crafting.

zzt

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: would this build work ?
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 03:31:44 pm »
Tbh the build doesn't look good to me.

Ranged+Melee builds are always sub-optimal at best. But if you still want to go this way I'd rather suggest maxing out Dex and taking Versatility perk, then either go:

Energy Pistol + Knife. https://underrail.com/forums/index.php?topic=5165.0 an excellent Energy pistol guide. With some alterations you could use it as a base for hybrid E.Pistol+Knife build

SMG + Knife: Dex18, Agi6, Per6, Wil5, Int7

SMG + Sword: Str7, Dex18, Wil5, Int9 or Str7, Dex17, Agi6, Wil5, Int7

The knife could be replaced with leather gloves, in which case you won't need Will

However, any Pistols, SMGs and melee weapons are close range, so there's no justification of using more than one in the same build.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2020, 03:41:50 pm by zzt »