Author Topic: Something you wish was different or added to the game?  (Read 6856 times)

HulkOSaurus

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Something you wish was different or added to the game?
« on: October 19, 2020, 03:59:27 pm »
This is about stuff you think would be cool if it was in the game. It's not about complaining, ect. Just sharing your neat, impossible concepts. I am sure there are things people wished were in.

I'll start.

I wish there was a viable way to play as a mutant. Once you mutate the core gameplay changes as the ordinary inhabitants of Underrail no longer accept you and the player has to search for ways to adapt. For example, Wyatt can start trading with you - offering scavenged Junkyard stuff. The mutie community at the island refuge can become a new players hub and the thing in the cursed hospital can become a psionic mentor to the PC(the price is killing it, so you will have only a few choices before you do it.)

The player will lose, however, access to most of the vendours in the game; maybe they will still accept him/her at SGS as Tanner wouldn't throw away a willing puppet, but perhaps some of the other inhabitants will have something to say leading to interesting situations. Oculus seems like a place that will always welcome the PC as they have an affected of their own already.

PC could change to different types of mutants - for example if they had a dominant Str value they would gain natural abilities based on that. There could be psionic, smart, sneaky, ect., mutants.

Even though we're mostly used to mutants being mostly savage, lore-wise we've seen several cases of exceptional mutations. PC could be one of those.   

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Something you wish was different or added to the game?
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2020, 05:30:57 pm »
I wish Lockpicking, Hacking, and Pickpocketing weren't associated so much with Oddities. In many cases, whether or not you will pick those skills at all will depend on what xp system you're using.
I'd love to see many oddities removed or duplicated from those skills and put on other skill checks in dungeons (ex: more oddities behind PER or STR checks, or more oddities behind Mercantile or Speech, etc...)

I don't mind if some skills have more oddities than others, but the current balance is just too stacked toward the "thieving" skills.

Maliel

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2020, 06:31:58 pm »
I wish blueprints like disassemble were removed from feats and had to be acquired from quests or just bought 

Slugcat

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2020, 04:36:06 am »
Would be nice to choose which attribute gives innervation slots to psi characters. Game should check if your Will is higher than Intelligence and give you Forceful Innervation in this case.

That way, it will be possible to have two distinct types of psions - "wizards" (smart ones) and "sorcerers" (stubborn ones). Good for roleplaying.

Currently, I have to use two different versions of the game just to have my story about severely crippled but very determined gunslinger.  ::)

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2020, 07:19:01 am »
Oh I have quite a few quibbles about the game
- A way to get additional skill points and attribute points. It bothers me a little bit that every character has the same exact amount of each.
- Limiting all specializations to a maximum 5 points. I find this 10 point specialization crap obnoxious.
- DOMINATING, or Autistics as I call it, should be redone with emphasis on not immersion breaking and improved AI. Meds instead of just lowering amount healed which only applies to the player, let it heal over 2,3 or 4 rounds instead or add a debuff which reduces amount healed for a few rounds.

- Stronger unique weapons and armor, which can be comparable to crafted gear even if maybe just in certain niches
- Innervation needs more slot because a mere 9 maximum is a joke. 12 would be the bare minimum but even something like 16 would be fine, that would be 2 out of 4 full schools at best and would make players more willing to use niche PSI abilities. Currently most players will go with 6-10 int at most and then just use the same 5-7 abilities ad nauseum. I would not mind some specialization investment for that kind of more generalized cave wizard.

- This crap of innervation sucking you completely dry of PSI points has to stop it adds nothing but unnecessary tedium.
- Unnerf Continuum Ripple. With the change to Force Field there is no reason to keep it in its current iteration.
- Merge Evasion and Dodge. The defense gain you get from the insane investment you need in terms of feats and skill points is mediocre compared to metal armor which requires far less investment and even works with average con score if properly optimized.

- Make one more big pass on all those niche and borderline useless feats

This is just from the top of my head.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2020, 08:06:59 am by Sykar »

METPOdenizen

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2020, 04:33:07 pm »
Joining the Tchortists - for real - thus giving you a choice between bio-transhumanism (Tchort) vs. cyborg-transhumanism (Faceless/Six). Just as in the other major questline one can either join the Protectorate (Imperial archetype) vs. Free Drones (anarchist archetype) and the question of which choice is the better one remains morally ambiguous.

As it is, the game railroads you into doing tasks for some unfriendly alien cyborg weirdo. There's obviously a lot of things iffy about the Tchortists, but many of them also seem rather nice (e.g. the radical life extension, the cryopreservation technologies, etc).

BiocorpShill

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 13, 2020, 10:36:47 pm »
I can't think of anything gameplay-wise that I'd wanna add but there are some minor lore/story elements that would be appreciated.

-Altering the protectorate ending so it takes into account you killing everyone in fort apogee and other protectorate controlled areas.
-Seeing the encounter between Wyatt and Abram in Old Junkyard.
-Confronting Ezra about his real identity and learning more about biocorp.
-Informing oculus about the location of Ezra and dude. Also riftwalking because it makes no sense for them to not notice you vanishing into thin air.
-A way to tell Archibald knight about who killed his son even if you don't join the praetorians.
-Re-entering the Institute after deep caverns to see the aftermath of the battle there and if anyone's still alive.
-A way to free the rejects from the Institute without turning everyone hostile.

Existchim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 07:01:26 pm »
Styg could remove locusts from the game and I would not lose one good night's sleep over it.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 28, 2020, 02:35:53 am »
-skill respec on SGS in case you misclick and forgot to save your game
-increase the usefulness of dodge/evasion so you don't have to be 20 Agi to feel its effects
-"super jump" feat which requires high STR, the effects is to increase Agi for skill checks (similar to snooping)
-preferably, both snooping and "super jump" scaled according to your base stats, something like Half dex or Half str
-ability to reverse-pickpocket poison explosive so Pickpocketing can be useful
-makes all crafting feats scaled with your crafting skills
(it gives default amount at 100 effective, but increased 1% per skill points beyond that)
-adds "mushroom beer shiny thingy" across black sea
-remove weight limit

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 28, 2020, 04:11:51 pm »
Would have appreciated some more non hostile human encounters in expedition, i feel too lonely out there. [Edit : maybe it's been done though "Added more content for the waterways - one big new dungeon, a couple of smaller locations, many new random encounters and other stuff", can't wait to get there :) ]

And as someone above mentionned, an ending where you decide to join the tchortists and don't have to kill Tchort could be awesome.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2020, 07:49:29 pm by Ploluap »
I'm Potoldski on discord

Ploluap

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 28, 2020, 04:28:55 pm »
I wish Lockpicking, Hacking, and Pickpocketing weren't associated so much with Oddities. In many cases, whether or not you will pick those skills at all will depend on what xp system you're using.
I'd love to see many oddities removed or duplicated from those skills and put on other skill checks in dungeons (ex: more oddities behind PER or STR checks, or more oddities behind Mercantile or Speech, etc...)

I don't mind if some skills have more oddities than others, but the current balance is just too stacked toward the "thieving" skills.

Hmmm i always play dominating/oddity, often without any point in hacking nor pickpocket, and have no problem to level up. Do you have a list of oddities which are locked behind those skills ? As for pickpocketting isn't it only jkk pen and praetorian insigna ?
I'm Potoldski on discord

Prestigious_Truth

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 03, 2021, 07:54:11 pm »
Wish Super Steel was better for making melee weapons with. Its seriously the worst material for melee weapons, even worse than normal steel, and it costs 3000 charons just to get one piece of it, whereas I can go to Leonie and get a near 160q piece of TiChrome or Tungsten for around 100 charons. It's just disappointing.

Balta

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 24, 2021, 08:12:39 am »
Things to do outside of questing/exploring that are also profitable in-game activities;
e.g. cooking (synergizes with fishing/collecting recipes) or gambling (like at the gambling house in Junkyard),
just to name a few

also: I think a toggle-able needs mode (hunger, thirst etc.) would be pretty neat for those who like a more hardcore experience
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 08:20:30 am by Balta »

brobotics

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 24, 2021, 10:40:50 pm »
Joining the Tchortists - for real - thus giving you a choice between bio-transhumanism (Tchort) vs. cyborg-transhumanism (Faceless/Six).

That'd be really cool to actually become a recombinant. It'd make the Faceless automatically hostile towards you and perhaps Six could offer some harsh words on your arrival to Hollow Earth.

Ambrosia

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2021, 12:32:13 am »

Dude that would be really cool to see, oddities in shops, randomly laying about to be seen (based on the player perception) and maybe oddity on an actual gun you pick up. A good spot for a reference to gun skins, key chains and other free-to-play loot box shit.
"What the fuck is this gun? Why is it purple and has a chain with a weird figure on it?"

And to add some more to it: oddity clearly visible but not reachable without agility, a suspicious box that requires strength to break open, and fishing oddities.