Author Topic: Otto's random quest  (Read 1902 times)

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Otto's random quest
« on: November 08, 2020, 05:48:21 pm »
If Otto is missing near Ray's shop - can he reappear there after some time? Or does he appear only once per playthrough?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Otto's random quest
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2020, 10:34:44 am »
Otto cannot reappear. This encounter is generated by using our random fragments (dungeons) system, which occurs only once per playthrough, usually at the start of the game for all fragments (fragments added in newer updates can trigger in playthroughs that are already underway).

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2020, 12:48:05 pm »
So there is no way to find Jet Eater's lair and kill it?
I read somewhere that you can access and even talk to the Wyrm first. Is this true? Where to find it?

Yogimanz

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2020, 01:04:34 pm »
If Otto didn't spawn at Ray's shop, you should not be able to find/kill Jet Eater. If you have gotten the specific fragment, the Jet Eater's cave is located in the northwest section of the Core Ring, all the way to the west from Core City. It should not be possible, under any circumstance, to speak with the creature.

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2020, 01:29:05 pm »
The random quest system is the worst thing i saw in Underrail. Game is so time-consuming for such features. Why not just make a quest always available or at least optional (toggle random quests on/off in menu)? It feels like cut content. What is the purpose of doing this?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2020, 01:34:42 pm by darkelf »

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2020, 02:25:35 pm »
While I do feel Otto's quest shouldn't be random, due to the unique rewards that a player may want to rely on, I do like the random quests for the starting area.
Underrail is a game you replay a lot, meaning you'll be playing intro quite a few times. Having a few surprises here and there really makes the difference without being too distracting.

darkelf

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2020, 04:32:15 pm »
Underrail is a game you replay a lot
I definitely agree on that, but replayability is about builds and gameplay styles. I don't want to beat this game 10 times and get this quest only once when i really don't need it. The quest can be made acquirable through other alternative paths to reach Jet Eater (for example), maybe from other factions or other NPC's.

Existchim

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2020, 07:03:44 pm »
While I do feel Otto's quest shouldn't be random, due to the unique rewards that a player may want to rely on, I do like the random quests for the starting area.
Underrail is a game you replay a lot, meaning you'll be playing intro quite a few times. Having a few surprises here and there really makes the difference without being too distracting.

The reward that is given at the end of that quest isn't exactly that groundbreaking, I completed expedition without killing more than maybe 2 serpents.