Author Topic: Obscure Oddities  (Read 1556 times)

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Obscure Oddities
« on: November 19, 2020, 02:20:30 pm »
So last night, I realized for the first time in many playthroughs that there's two 3xp Oddities I'd never grabbed before: the Sword Handle from the Praetorian Security Headquarters, and the Tri-Monitor Street Receiver Blueprint from the JKK office.

I almost always play stealthy characters in Oddity mode, so I'm kind of stunned I've never grabbed those two before.

It's kind of weird that you can get access to all three Oligarchy buildings only if you ask *before* getting a job at either of them (unless I'm misunderstanding something).

Are there other good oddities that are easy to miss if you don't literally check every container in every building?

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Obscure Oddities
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2020, 04:23:33 pm »
https://www.stygiansoftware.com/wiki/index.php?title=Old_Religious_Scripture

Wait, there's an escape tunnel from the Foundry Prison? lol

I've always used the Sniper to get Todor out of jail. I guess I'll go have another look now

Koveras

• Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2020, 03:06:07 pm »
I don't think you can gain access to any of the Core City factions buildings without joining them. But you can totally sneak in all of them. Well, I have never sneaked into Coretech building since it is useless, but you can get into JKK and Praetorians buildings to steal their unique oddities. It is a bit hard but does not requires extremely high stealth.

On the topic of oddities that can be annoying: the Long Rubber Glove is missable, and quite tricky to get if you joined the protectorate. And Acid Cyclopean Eye is the #1 bullshit oddity in my book ^^

haze1103

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2020, 01:56:10 am »
For the Core City faction buildings, I just told each of them I was looking for a job without actually taking the job. They all let me visit the lower floor as I liked: I still had to sneak for the JKK 2nd floor, but for the Praetorian back office, all I needed was a flashbang. I still managed to do the Coretech questline after that

I would have never got the Long Rubber Glove if I hadn't spoiled myself. I never join the cans, and I would probably always reload if I triggered the alarm during the drone mission lol

For some reason, my first two or three Hard playthroughs, I could get the two-headed mutant reliably, but the last 3 playthroughs, I haven't had a peep of him. Maybe we have to pay Kareem for the rumor now? Oh well, at least my Super Steel luck has always been solid.

I think the other "easy to miss" oddities are any entities in containers that aren't highlighted by TAB. There's one by Hardcore City Bar, and a few in Foundry. I haven't found any other I think, but I'd like to think there's more out there.