Author Topic: "Mutters Something Incomprehensible" -Katya [When you find that frozen boi]  (Read 2184 times)

Sharpypens

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Alright, so using the power of the Dude's juice, I found the bridge leading to the cave where Katya hides her frozen son. Unfortunately, Katya doesn't like it when people find out about her boy, and after leaving the zone and coming back, she just stares at her hanging laundry. Now, whenever I click on her she "mutters something incomprehensible".

Here's what I've got thus far:

I joined the Grim Jetters (pirate run).
I did this shortly after completing the first raid.
I have since completed the second raid for the pirates, and I have disabled the Rig's sonar (albeit I only killed the Eel standing in front of the sonar itself).

She still "mutters something incomprehensible".

Is there any way to get back to regular dialog. I have a spare save from before I did this, but a browse of the .xpbl files suggests that there is "regular" dialog regarding the fact that I've literally found her frozen child in a cave (I understand that I could have gone in too early, but what would the prerequisites be for *not* too early.).

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
She's supposed to return to her home, and there you could talk to her about the whole event, but due to a scripting bug she gets moved to the wrong location and gets stuck there. You'll have to wait for a fix, I'm afraid.

EDIT: Actually, do upload that save from before entering the cave. I need to do a lot of testing since her scripting is pretty complex and I don't want to break something else, and your save will help me a lot. Once everything's been done, I'll send you a fixed save where, with some luck, everything will be working as originally intended. Saw the monolith bug thread as well, so I'll be fixing that too. ;)
« Last Edit: December 14, 2020, 01:05:40 pm by PhrygianDominant »

Sharpypens

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KUFTgdatUXE3NUtPXK1cjpYRm_iuuyRY/view?usp=sharing

Took a while, don't worry about the fixed save, I've got a pre-break one running.

PhrygianDominant

• Developer
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Okay, fixed for the next update. Thanks for the save - helped me a lot!