Author Topic: unarmed (not fist) build check  (Read 5189 times)

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
unarmed (not fist) build check
« on: December 28, 2020, 12:46:49 pm »
https://underrail.info/build/?HgcMCAMDBwYAMgDCoCjCoENRNAAAWlpMV1oAwqAAAAAATStPJCYUKsKoIBYGEgcTPkHCqcKxR-KdjATin4QB4qK1AuKnlwPitqAF378

I got bored, so I jumped to character builder again.
did I missed something?
the skill points seems pretty tight, but I'm not even sure if this build could fight against tchort without supersoldier drugs.
or should I just do merchant run on black seas instead? I think they sold SS drug sometimes

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
Re: unarmed (not fist) build check
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2020, 02:20:30 pm »
Unarmed wants high Strength, because the bonus from STR is multiplicative for unarmed, unlike for other weapons. So even at 5% per point of STR, it's very powerful. High STR also works great with Corporeal Projection, making Force Emission more powerful.

Wrestling applies Tackled, which procs the +15% damage bonus of Opportunist. Worth taking.

Taste for Blood also works very well. Even if Unarmed doesn't proc bleed on its own without boots, you can use Nail Bombs for bleeding wounds or just use Taste for Blood as a killstreak feat of sorts.

Bone Breaker and Critical Power are also good, but I dunno if you want crits.

Are the feats in order? If they are, how will you put 3spec points into Blitz at lvl 30?
I've played an unarmed build recently. It was a glass cannon and more crit focused, but had absolutely no problem against Tchort. The only real issue it had was fighting Nagas, Dreads and Psi Crabs.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2020, 02:32:36 pm by sheepherder »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2020, 02:49:31 pm »
oh ye I messed up with the blitz. I should move the spec point somewhere else I guess
does 3 agi worth it? I could slap on STR and maybe even used super steel reinforced x3. with nimble + body weight training, I could probably fits it in and still triggers lightning punch. forgo evasion completely and get breathing room for crafting skills

for crits, im not even sure if its worth it. the base damage are insanely low anyway, its like lottery on Combo proc with steel glove. and expertise adds handful of base damage on unarmed, which scales more with the advanced unarmed feat stuff

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2020, 03:04:14 pm »
I'd say keep 7 AGI for Fancy Footwork and drop Will to 3. I imagine you mainly want Force User for Force Emissions psi cost reduction? Well, since you only have one psi school in this build, a muffled PK headband will take care of that. The damage loss from lower Will will be negated by having higher STR, which increases base damage and Force Emissions damage.

And crits are fucking insane on Unarmed. A bit of a lottery, sure, but it's a 4ap weapon and by stacking a ton of different modifiers, even with a crit chance of ~55% and meh base damage, the damage output per turn is still extremely high. Not knife/sword levels of high, but close.

If you're interested, here's the build I've played. https://underrail.info/build/?Hg0MBwMDAwUAPADCoCgAwqAAAAAAF3UPLWYAwqAAegAAVSsmMWkgE8KoBgdLEgNDPMKHwqnCtuKdjQrip74F378

And a video of it in action against Apogee: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YDR43ASOrVU

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2020, 03:37:38 pm »
sweet!
I'm not sure about taste for blood since I never got nail bomb. it does sounds really good, tho.

sheepherder

• Oculite
  • Zoner
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2020, 07:11:32 pm »
Nail Bombs are a very good way to quickly get stacks of TfB with melee weapons which normally do not proc bleed and is especially good with light weapons (attack many times per turn) and spears (Swipe a pack of bleeding enemies).They don't work so good against crabs tho.