Author Topic: Batman Build !  (Read 2034 times)

Highwayman667

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Batman Build !
« on: January 23, 2021, 01:26:24 am »
Hello everyone, I hope you're having a wonderful 2021 (as much as possible). To begin my time in this beautiful forum, I'd like to ask your opinion on a build I'm planning for my 2nd playthrough. This "Batman build" is strictly for normal difficulty and it's one that also has a lot of flavor but which is generally what I like to play in most RPG's: stealth and persuasion while carrying a blade with a pistol and I'm your man for life. The reason why I probably named it as such was because it uses a lot of "gadgets" in combat, mainly grenades (I use the utility belt in this case).

Still, I'd love reading your recommendations. Thanks for allowing me to be in this cool forum for such a cool game. Love y'all.

« Last Edit: January 23, 2021, 01:28:22 am by Highwayman667 »
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura is the best RPG of all time :)

destroyor

• Oculite
  • Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Batman Build !
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 04:47:11 am »
Just want to comment Batman usually fight bare hand, use a lot of gadgets, intimidate and psyche/out think his opponents. If you really want to role play as rich boy in Underrail, the obvious route would be a bare fist build, use lots of combat utilities (throwing knives as batarang, flashbang, chemhaze nades, etc), obviously takes Intimidation skills (and Yell) + maybe TC: CC only - frighten, enrage, mental breakdown, Neurovisual Disruption) but not using any direct damage abilities (NO, bilocation, Psi-cognitive Interruption) as a "regular" peak human w/o super power is his thing.

Highwayman667

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 05:11:48 am »
Just want to comment Batman usually fight bare hand, use a lot of gadgets, intimidate and psyche/out think his opponents. If you really want to role play as rich boy in Underrail, the obvious route would be a bare fist build, use lots of combat utilities (throwing knives as batarang, flashbang, chemhaze nades, etc), obviously takes Intimidation skills (and Yell) + maybe TC: CC only - frighten, enrage, mental breakdown, Neurovisual Disruption) but not using any direct damage abilities (NO, bilocation, Psi-cognitive Interruption) as a "regular" peak human w/o super power is his thing.

It's funny you mention that because I went through a lot of the first game fighting unarmed and with the psionic power that enhances your fisticuffs !

I've thought about taking intimidation but it's a flavor choice to me. I like persuade and mercantile better. This is probably the first game I've ever played where "barter" isn't a complete waste of time.
Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura is the best RPG of all time :)

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2021, 02:01:59 am »
I laughed at the thought of batman using Yell and the enemies just frantically run away, because he's often depicted as kinda quiet character who emerged from darkness.