Author Topic: Lightning Punches Sugestion  (Read 1073 times)

Anka

• Zoner
    • View Profile
Lightning Punches Sugestion
« on: February 01, 2021, 12:53:28 am »
As of right now, if your total armor penalty is exactly 20 it wont activate, and when fully specced it will only become active with a max AP of 24, restricting the use use for a lot of armors whose penalty can be reduced to exactly those values, so i suggest LS to proc with the value described in the tooltip as well (20 + 1 per specialization point)

TheAverageGortsby

• Faceless
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning Punches Sugestion
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2021, 11:35:57 am »
Armor penalties were adjusted back when Expedition was in beta specifically so that many of those armors would take the wearer out of the range for LP (we used to be able to abuse Super Steel armor. Ah, the good old days).  I suspect that unless Styg has changed his mind, it's working as intended.  It's meant for lightly-armored characters to help the glass cannon play style be a bit more cannon.

UnLimiTeD

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Lightning Punches Sugestion
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2021, 03:50:05 am »
You can actually use it with supersteel armour, assuming you use armour sloping. If you also spec that, you have room for some spikes or serrated blades.
But if I understand you correctly, you're saying the tooltip doesn't match the function?
I haven't noticed that, but I'd have to look. I assume it's not a case of rounding?
First person to give Styg Karma.

I hereby declare that I love the oddity system and am in favour of shop and carry limits.