Author Topic: The Claw WIP Build  (Read 2577 times)

captcomrade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
The Claw WIP Build
« on: February 23, 2021, 06:35:34 pm »
Title says most

https://underrail.info/build/?CgYMCgMDAwUAKAA8PDwAADwAACMAAAoAADwAAAA8AE85KxggEzxH378

I know it's not really meta (intimidation for example) but I'm going to be playing on Normal, so I just want to know if this build will be able to finish the game. I haven't planned it out to level 30, just looking to see if the route I'm looking at with this is viable.

Goromorg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Re: The Claw WIP Build
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2021, 07:47:39 pm »
3 CON and no Stealth is a really bad idea.

Underrail characters can have a number of viable (reliable) defence options:
  • 10+ CON, crafted medium armor, Thick skull, Conditioning, good energy shield;
  • 10+ CON, 8+ STR, crafted heavy armor, Thick skull, Juggernaut;
  • High detection (8+ PER, good motion tracking goggles), high stealth skill, 7+ AGI or good cloaking device;
  • 10+ CON, Thick skull, Conditioning, 8+ AGI, crafted light armor, high dodge, high evasion
  • 7+ CON, 8+ STR, 10+ WILL, crafted heavy armor, Locus of Control, Juggernaut, Conditioning and/or Stoicism;

Unfortunately, your character has none of the above.
Here's an example of one of the many possible unarmed builds:
https://underrail.info/build/?GQMOCAoDAwUAPADCh8KHwocAAAAAAB5uAFBpAAAAAAAAXwg5T05BIGMTBg8SSyQx4p2NCt-_
« Last Edit: February 23, 2021, 07:50:25 pm by Goromorg »

captcomrade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2021, 08:01:56 pm »
Isn't the low STR counterproductive for a melee build?

How much leeway would you say there is in rearranging the feats in the build that you linked?

captcomrade

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2021, 08:56:08 pm »
Taking a closer look, it seems to lack a lot of what I had in mind for later in the build, including force emission, blitz, combo, thirst for blood, brutality, or cut-throat.

Would it be possible to slip at least some of those in?

Goromorg

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2021, 09:46:37 pm »
STR is not important for DEX-based unarmed.
I've tried to put feats in the most optimal order, but you can rearrange them as you like.
Taste for blood and Combo are decent feats, you can take them instead of Expertise, Recklessness or Nimble. Blitz, brutality and cut-throat are not that great, unfortunately.
Force emission is most effective in high STR + high WILL build with Corporeal projection. Don't recommend it with 3 WILL.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2021, 12:13:56 am »
For The Claw, taste for blood is a must.
Check on Dexterity wiki page to see how many dex you need for 4 AP.
Search "fist", and pick all the feat from search result. Remember that UNARMED feats specifically only works for UNARMED, not FIST.
All in all, its not a complicated build as long as you have decent stealth for Alpha Strike.

Also, don't worry about Psychokinesis feats, in case you need more stats and have to scrap Will entirely. And even INT stats is better for innervation purpose.