Author Topic: Your Thoughts On New Lost Vault Dungeon?  (Read 1126 times)

ShoggothWhisperer

• Oculite
  • Scavenger
    • View Profile
Your Thoughts On New Lost Vault Dungeon?
« on: February 28, 2021, 12:03:49 am »
Recently started a new playthrough using the newly buffed pistols and went through the new Lost Vault dungeon. I wanted to share my thoughts on it and see if I missed anything. I went through the dungeon twice, once with a pistol build at level 15 on Dominating and once with an existing Strength Spear build on Dominating at Level 26.

Contents:
The vault itself is a flooded room filled with cargo containers and shelves that you hop across like agility checks. Notably, hopping across does not break stealth. The north side and the eastern side don't require any skill checks to traverse, although to loot some of the shelves you will need 8-10 dexterity. You can hop across some of the gaps during combat, but you cannot hop across the gap leading to/from the central area during combat. There is a plasma turret on the central pillar when going across this route, but you can easily take care of it by hiding behind the 2 crates stacked on top of one another. Melee users can hop across the gap to attack it directly. On the north wall are some rooms guarded by 2 plasma sentries, with one in stationary cannon form and another patrolling and entering/exiting the form whenever it turns around. The eastern room is an armory and contains several locked weapons lockers ranging from 75-90 lockpicking. Most importantly, the room contains 2 Mk 4 HE and frag grenades, 2 MK 2 plasma Grenades, and 2 MK 3 EMP grenades. There is an industrial bot in the room to the east of the armory guarding a corpse with a tac vest and a pistol, so you can skip it without losing much. There is an island in the northwest corner where you can use dex to snag some items from shelves.

The other 2 areas in the dungeon are the south supply room and kitchen and the west toxic storage area. The southern area requires 11 agility to enter, which is kind of annoying, but you can get +8 agility with white dude/all in, super solider drug, a cave hopper steak, and cave hopper leather armor and boots. The Kitchen has some food items and the supply room has some extra components. The west toxic storage area requires 11 strength to access by pushing aside a crate, and has 2 plasma sentries and a industrial bot in the northwestern room. You can get +8 strength with vitality powder, Rathound regalia, Power fist, and junkyard surprise/super solider drug. The only thing of note here is a fair amount of toxic waste, so you aren't missing out on much if you skip this portion.

Your reward for completing the dungeon is some components that range from q100-135. Most of the components are paddings, armor plates, cloths, and various electronic components.

Final Thoughts:
I think this is a cool and unique dungeon, and I like the various mechanics introduced within. I think its a little annoying that half of the dungeon is locked behind pretty demanding skill checks, but you can get about 70% of the components without going into the skill check areas. If you are considering running a build with tactical/riot armor, then this is a great place to go to get decent quality materials post depot A.