Author Topic: Burst doesn't fire any shots sometimes (after starting Expedition)  (Read 1044 times)

sull

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
I've just started the Expedition and am fighting the initial invasion with Aegis. My SMG burst attacks now seem to randomly fire no shots instead of 5 or 7. The initial "shooting stance" animation plays, the target is suppressed, and my action points (or Gun Rush) are used up. However, once the start-up is finished the player character just stands in idle pose instead of firing.

Here are 2 short videos showing the issue. The first video is with Gun Rush active, the second is without (sorry if they appear dim):

https://youtu.be/6wd1B9aKvvM

https://youtu.be/Byz3Rim1-wU

I'm quite certain this was not happening before I started the Expedition yesterday. I'm using two SMGs, both with Rapid Reloaders and one (the Impala) with a Muzzle Brake. My character's burst-related feats are Spec Ops, Suppressive Fire, Opportunist, and Commando (with no spec points put into it).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2021, 04:14:38 am by sull »

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: Burst doesn't fire any shots sometimes (after starting Expedition)
« Reply #1 on: March 09, 2021, 11:51:38 am »
Can you provide me with the save please?

sull

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2021, 02:27:32 am »
Yeah here's a save before that invasion: https://mega.nz/file/gtJD2KZB#SrWgRN2PfrmSonuo8SlRKM9dkgPzxxmp8dyf6HgWvQg

I just tested from there and got it to happen again, took a little while that time though. I have yet to continue that playthrough so I don't know if it's actually specific to invasions/expedition or something more general that I simply happened to encounter in this scenario.

Styg

• Administrator
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 12:06:42 pm »
No luck reproducing so far.

Are you using any external speed ups / cheats for the game? If so, can you turn them off and see if you can reproduce the bug then?

Also, is there anything else that you suspect might be causing this?

Is there any specific angle you are attacking enemies?

Let me know.

sull

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2021, 01:29:19 pm »
Interesting. I'm not using cheats or anything external.

Before this invasion I usually preferred to burst at very close range. In contrast, this encounter encourages me to do it from at 2+ tiles away, from near the left battlements aiming towards the shore. There is also the fact that there can be an unusually high number of enemies/characters here.

In any case, it seems rare enough that it shouldn't be too hard to get through the invasion. I think I'll play further soon and see if/when it happens again.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2021, 06:03:45 pm by sull »