Author Topic: are silenced pistols useless  (Read 2185 times)

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
are silenced pistols useless
« on: March 02, 2021, 05:54:12 am »
Smgs have burst capabilities, crossbows have alpha damage and special bolts and pistols have ???, how have you made suppressed pistols viable or are they forever stuck in the novel but useless category like so many other things In  underrail

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
Re: are silenced pistols useless
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2021, 07:36:09 am »
You can take out lone targets easily with a silent pistol.  More if you're good enough.

>smart goggles
>smart module, silencer, hawker
>infused rathound leather armor
>focus stim
>adrenaline/cocaine
>hardcore chips
>whichever of w2c or jhp that makes the most sense
>taser
>a net if this goes into round two
>opportunist
>blindsiding
>recklessness
>scrutinous
>execute
>aimed shot
>point shot
>rapid fire
>kneecap shot

And now with the buff, bullet time, and gun-fu, you really shouldn't have too much trouble.  If you have melee points you can get expose weakness and use a bullet belt to reload quickly.  TM/blitz/whatever for more AP.
*eurobeat intensifies*

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2021, 12:40:45 pm »
its fairly useful for Hard and below, because Execute could 1-shot stuff, especially if you pick DEX-18, max melee, versatility, and Gun-Fu.
I dont think you could 1-shot many things on DOMINATING, outside of very low level bandits and rathound

Djpuffnstuff

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2021, 10:21:27 pm »
Yea it's possible and usable, but it's not a contender compared to the other 2 range types or melee really.

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2021, 10:26:20 am »
I'm playing pistol build this patch and I kind of agree silenced pistols suck. The highlight of the pistol now is Bullet Time and it's viability with silenced pistol is, well... You can use it ofc to kill off lone targets. But low caliber pistols already has low AP to begin with and wasting 10 round cooldown skill to kill two stragglers is counterintuitve. What I do instead is grab biggest baddest gun I have, Bullet Time, murder everything in vicinity as loudly as possible, then finish combat. During next 6 seconds real time, I move forward, towards enemies lured by noise. Combat starts and I still have bullet time! So I finish another screen of enemies and cast Statis on myself. Even more enemies lured close in, and after Statis ends I still have bullet time for the third round! After it ends, there is usually no enemy on screen.

Pistols are beasts now.

harperfan7

• Oculite
  • Godman
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2021, 02:03:43 pm »
I'm playing pistol build this patch and I kind of agree silenced pistols suck. The highlight of the pistol now is Bullet Time and it's viability with silenced pistol is, well... You can use it ofc to kill off lone targets. But low caliber pistols already has low AP to begin with and wasting 10 round cooldown skill to kill two stragglers is counterintuitve. What I do instead is grab biggest baddest gun I have, Bullet Time, murder everything in vicinity as loudly as possible, then finish combat. During next 6 seconds real time, I move forward, towards enemies lured by noise. Combat starts and I still have bullet time! So I finish another screen of enemies and cast Statis on myself. Even more enemies lured close in, and after Statis ends I still have bullet time for the third round! After it ends, there is usually no enemy on screen.

Pistols are beasts now.

B&RP'd
*eurobeat intensifies*