Author Topic: Dominating crit psi question  (Read 2659 times)

Karvev

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Dominating crit psi question
« on: March 04, 2021, 07:04:58 pm »
So i'm thinking of psi build and it's not so clear for me if i should use metathermics+psychokinesis or just solo psychokinesis. Well for me it seems that there is just no point in not taking it, as it's superior to PK for most organics, and there is no way to buff PK for it being a single school, aside from 10% spell cost. Is this how it is or am i missing something?

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
Re: Dominating crit psi question
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2021, 04:41:37 am »
Basically yeah. Meta+psycho is very strong, because metathermics could handle lots of organics and have cheaper psi and AP cost. The downside of meta is it's shit against heavy armor and robots, that's where psycho came in.
Other strong alternatives is TC, because you could join JKK and get hypno goggle for additional CC, straight up do AoE Mental Breakdown, and it also bypass organics armor. But imo, it's better for Tranquility because its possible to do 3x NO without adrenaline. And the damage is great enough after you get that somirbaeren staff thingy.

Niko

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2021, 03:27:01 pm »

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2021, 02:47:12 pm »
I go with all 4 schools, keeping TM at 70 though I also go with 12 int.

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2021, 01:19:45 am »
I'm not sure if this is troll or you play on easy, because 4 school is shit after the Psi Rework. Let alone innervation slot, you could barely cast stuff without exhausting your psi points, thus requiring unnecessary psi booster feats. Even 3 school is already pretty exhausting. 70 TM is barely viable because it still left you with huge chance of PTC backlash. If you still kept the mentality of adrenaline + PTC, you'll have a VERY bad time and enjoying 10 AP for 3 seconds after that...
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 01:28:06 am by cypherusuh »

cypherusuh

• Tchortist
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2021, 01:28:54 am »
I'm not sure if this is troll or you play on easy, because 4 school is shit after the Psi Rework. Let alone innervation slot, you could barely cast stuff without exhausting your psi points, thus requiring unnecessary psi booster feats. Even 3 school is already pretty exhausting. 70 TM is barely viable because it still left you with huge chance of PTC backlash. If you still kept the mentality of adrenaline + PTC, you'll have a VERY bad time and enjoying 10 AP for 3 seconds after that...

166 TM only kept it at 30% chance hard-cap, but it's worth it.

Sykar

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2021, 12:21:44 pm »

I am not sure if I should take you seriously at all and I am not playing on easy difficulty, far from it in fact. PSI before the changes was one of the absolutely most destructive builds out there. Full PSI still works you just have more tedium with innvervating now but it is not like you deal less damage you just innervate according to the enemies given. PSI inhalants cost a little but not so much that you will be begging out in the Drop Zone of Core City for scraps.
70 TM with 15 will and PSI headbands+PSI beetle carapace does work well enough. APE, Hemopsychosis, mufflers and soup do suffice and you can one shot most groups with LoC+Mania+Trance+NO. Crit PSI does not need to care all that much about efficiency once you get to level 16+. You struggle more early game but much of that can be circumvented via stealth or right gameplay/skill choices.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 12:24:01 pm by Sykar »