Author Topic: Suggestions? Melee-Pistol for Dominating Oddity  (Read 4328 times)

Yolfashj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
Suggestions? Melee-Pistol for Dominating Oddity
« on: March 18, 2021, 07:15:18 am »
Build first:

Nearsighted Sharpshooter

https://underrail.info/build/?HgMQCgMDBQZGMgDCoCgAUFstAABfX2AjZAAAAMKLJQBNJsKjKzEXBhILw5Fbw5ITEUdLwrNcwofin4QB4qO6BeK8ugTivYQF378

Playable 1-30 for Dominating, very smooth gameplay, bullet time OP!!!!

Details:

1. Dump Perception completely, use Versatility and Gun-Fu(4 spec) to achieve 306 effective gun skills.

2. Bullet Time+Blitz+Acceleration+Powder/Adrenaline + Rapid Fire = more than 18 times .44 RR Smart pistol attack under Expose Weakness.

3. Flashbang + Cut throat + Execute + Entropic Recurrence = Human Boss slaughter

4. Max dex knife attack for daily routine/silent work/dark area/AP reduction skills in CD

5. Viable for Melee-hatred DLC

6. Can remove knife feats and fit in a Pneumatic Glove build i guess.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2021, 07:42:44 am by Yolfashj »

A_Clever_Monocle

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
Re: Suggestions? Melee-Pistol for Dominating Oddity
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2021, 09:27:57 am »
drop ripper and the will that goes with it

put the points into strength and take steadfast aim

cutthroat is meh I would recommend sprint (goes well with blitz and just getting into range)

hit and run > fancy footwork

finally, drop critical power in favor of lightning punches and take pneumatic fists instead so you can combo it into execute. you are not going to get a lot of crit damage with firearm pistols. I would also steer clear of smart modules and take an extended mag(you reload a lot) or laser instead, you will be using so many regular attacks that it wont matter if you had point shot it would be ok due to the fact that you would be getting it every round. but you dump per for agi so...

fatal throw is a great feat that I throw on all my dex builds (18 or so free ap a round and a free crit yes please)

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2021, 04:57:49 am »
Drop Expose Weakness. You have W2C bullets for dealing with armor and pistols are ammo efficient.

80 stealth and not Blindsiding?

Mixed feelings on Execute and Rapid Fire. They are great single target damage, but .44' Hamerrer in melee distance can crit for 600+ damage. Is it worth a feat + extra AP points to use such high damage skills? I didn't pick them in my build (although I'm not playing on dominating).

Versatility is worth it starting from levels 14-16.

Premeditation. Lvl 6. This + psychotemporal dillation + few steps back effectively dissables one opponent early game. Late game it saves lots of AP for Statis.

Speaking of Statis, you know the Bullet Time trick? Bullet Time, kill everything in sight, end combat if you can. If it worked, you have 6 seconds to move in real time to next enemy group (and they usually go after you lured by noise). If you get to them in 6 seconds, you still have bullet time. If you can't end combat, cast statis on yourself at the end of turn. After statis ends, you still have bullet time. I could sometimes get even 4 consecutive Bullet Time turns this way.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2021, 05:17:37 am by Turbodevil »

Yolfashj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2021, 07:34:18 am »
drop ripper and the will that goes with it

put the points into strength and take steadfast aim

cutthroat is meh I would recommend sprint (goes well with blitz and just getting into range)

hit and run > fancy footwork

finally, drop critical power in favor of lightning punches and take pneumatic fists instead so you can combo it into execute. you are not going to get a lot of crit damage with firearm pistols. I would also steer clear of smart modules and take an extended mag(you reload a lot) or laser instead, you will be using so many regular attacks that it wont matter if you had point shot it would be ok due to the fact that you would be getting it every round. but you dump per for agi so...

fatal throw is a great feat that I throw on all my dex builds (18 or so free ap a round and a free crit yes please)

I can see your point~ I chose 5 will instead of 5 str mainly because i wanted a more melee-oriented build, otherwise take steady aim, stack up like 18+ perception and get around 500 effective gun skills which turns .44 into real hand cannon seems more interesting imo. Also, 5 will to make Hypno Goggles functional, a reliable incapacitation source and cc skill.

Yes, hit and run is better, i dont know why i didnt take that.

I had the feeling that glove build would be better, i'll try it in my next run~ Thank you!

Yolfashj

• Probably not a Spambot
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2021, 07:39:10 am »
Drop Expose Weakness. You have W2C bullets for dealing with armor and pistols are ammo efficient.

80 stealth and not Blindsiding?

Mixed feelings on Execute and Rapid Fire. They are great single target damage, but .44' Hamerrer in melee distance can crit for 600+ damage. Is it worth a feat + extra AP points to use such high damage skills? I didn't pick them in my build (although I'm not playing on dominating).

Versatility is worth it starting from levels 14-16.

Premeditation. Lvl 6. This + psychotemporal dillation + few steps back effectively dissables one opponent early game. Late game it saves lots of AP for Statis.

Speaking of Statis, you know the Bullet Time trick? Bullet Time, kill everything in sight, end combat if you can. If it worked, you have 6 seconds to move in real time to next enemy group (and they usually go after you lured by noise). If you get to them in 6 seconds, you still have bullet time. If you can't end combat, cast statis on yourself at the end of turn. After statis ends, you still have bullet time. I could sometimes get even 4 consecutive Bullet Time turns this way.

Nice~! I'll try that Stasis trick, seems very powerful, thank you ~!

Turbodevil

• Scavenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2021, 08:23:54 am »
I can see your point~ I chose 5 will instead of 5 str mainly because i wanted a more melee-oriented build, otherwise take steady aim, stack up like 18+ perception and get around 500 effective gun skills which turns .44 into real hand cannon seems more interesting imo.

I made some theorycrafting around pistols (for fun) and concluded there is never ever any sensible reason for raising your perception over 11 (Scrutinous feat) for pistols. The only possible exception is playing hybrid pistol/sniper rifle build and even there it's a stretch. Why:

- Pistols are accurate. 11 perception will guarantee hits on effective guns range and if you find that one enemy with high evasion, just move closer.
- 11 -> 19 (18 + food) perception is 30% more damage
- if you spend these 7 stat points on dexterity instead (which needs to be at least 9 for Bullet Time) you get 40-55% more shots per round. Optimal breakpoint for Bullet time is 17 dex (4ap 9mm shots, or 6ap .44 shots)
- more shots = more likelihood your rapid reloader kicks in giving those precious 10-20 AP
- pistols have huge damage variance. One time you hit for 50, next time you crit for 600. More shots help with averaging this out into reliable source of damage
- dexterity gives also initiative, throwing and subterfurge skills. Perception over 11 only boosts detection

Yes, hit and run is better, i dont know why i didnt take that.
I'm loving Hit and Run under Bullet Time. Worth maxing spec imo.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2021, 08:48:41 am by Turbodevil »